Region Free Dvd Recorders Question?

GUY’S,
Just out of curiosity. Has anyone bought,and tried BARGIN OFFERS,
DVD REGION FREE RECORDERS?. My question is.Doe’s the recorder record
the dvd’s region free.
Thanks ZAP EM.

I think the main virtues of these things are the ability to playback PAL or NTSC and to ignore the region code on the pressed DVD. Not sure about the region code recording, but several users have them and hopefully will post with information on that.

/EDIT/ Pretty sure bigmacnc in this forum has one.

good question

you could ask in this forum, you may get more of a responce

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89

I have not tried a recorder, but the Cyberhome player plays great. I would say if they advertise that it will it has that ability. The instruction book ans back are marked Region 1, but they have hacked it. Also conversion to play PAL on NTSC works great. Have found some good prices on DVD’s that are in PAL format. Saved enought to pay for the player in less than 2 months. Also they answer questions by email.

Hi zap em,

Yup, signals is right. Mack (bigmacnc) has purchased this [B]dvd player[/B]:
Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player.
I know it will play NTCS <----> PAL and it says it’s region-free, but some reviewers insist it needs to be flasshed.

I know you’re looking for a recorder. Of the 3 offered, only one is reviewed.

[Edit]
Ahhh, I see Mack has spotted this… :cool:

i’ve just checked a film i recorded on a region free dvd recorder

Anydvd Info window

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.5.6)
BENQ DVD DD DW1650 BCIC
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd+rw (version 2), Layers: 1
Total size: 2295104 sectors (4482 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VR
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: PAL
[B]Media is region free[/B].

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I think the ones that need a flash are the ones purchased from other places suchas Walmart. But that is easy to do with remote per Videohelp site.

Just tried a disc made with my unhacked standalone. DVDInfo and VSO Inspector report it as region free. CD/DVD Speed reported no region info which I have always interpreted to mean region free. Surely the type zapem was asking about record region free as well.

Yeah, I don’t claim to know…just going by the reviews on bargin offers. I would think the recorders must be region-free (hopefully hacked prior to purchase). Seems hit and miss per reviews, at least on the player mentioned.
For eg.,
http://bargainoffers.com/catalog/cyberhome-chdvd-300s-all-region-free-dvd-player-p-163.html

(sorry, it wouldn’t c&p)