Region Code

vbimport

Will DVDfab convert a dvd (region 2) to region free or Region 1 so I can watch my British DVDs on American TV and DVD player, does the PAL / NTSC affect anything with the converted DVDs?

Yo-

Welcome to the forums-

This subject has been gone over many times - and can be done fairly easily-

Use our “search” function at the top of the page - and pick out whichever method suits your computer and needs-eh!

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116forum if you go here to the FAB Forum I am sure they can answer this for you :bigsmile:

I’ll transfer this query there to avoid the risk of a cross-post ;)…

Good morning all…

Originally Posted by h9wilson
Will DVDfab convert a dvd (region 2) to region free or Region 1 so I can watch my British DVDs on American TV and DVD player, does the PAL / NTSC affect anything with the converted DVDs?

DVDFab will correct the Region difference by removing all Region type protection from the DVD, but will NOT convert PAL to NTSC, which you will need to do to watch the DVD on a US (NTSC) TV. There are DVD players available for $50-100 US which will play discs from any region and make the conversion to PAL or NTSC, or if you are watching on a PC, there is software that will make the video conversion. Sorry I don’t have any of the links immediately available, but Google or the Forum search function should turn up some sites.

Re: Use our “search” function at the top of the page - and pick out whichever method suits your computer and needs-eh!

I used search, I put in ‘region code’ and nothing came up. what should I have searched for?