Region Code Questions for Copying DVD's!

This question probably has already been addressed, but since there are hundreds of pages for DVDFab I’m just going to ask again and not flip through all of them.

I’ve never copied any DVD’s that have a different region code than my own country’s. (US, Region Code# 1) However, I plan on buying some DVD’s that are from Australia, which is RC# 4. My main DVD player is a LG BD370 blu-ray player which happens to have a rather easy region hack which allowed me to change the DVD RC from 1 to 0. However, my other players are not hackable like this.

DVDFab is suppose to remove the region code protection, essentially making the copied DVD RC# 0 correct? If I were to copy these RC# 4 DVD’s using DVDFab and have the RC protection removed, that would allow them to (theoretically) play in any RC# 1 DVD player correct? Also, to copy DVD’s of a different RC than what your computer’s DVD-ROM is set to, I wouldn’t have to change it would I? I wouldn’t think so to copy it, only if I wanted to play it?

[QUOTE=Hectic;2310738]This question probably has already been addressed, but since there are hundreds of pages for DVDFab I’m just going to ask again and not flip through all of them.

I’ve never copied any DVD’s that have a different region code than my own country’s. (US, Region Code# 1) However, I plan on buying some DVD’s that are from Australia, which is RC# 4. My main DVD player is a LG BD370 blu-ray player which happens to have a rather easy region hack which allowed me to change the DVD RC from 1 to 0. However, my other players are not hackable like this.

DVDFab is suppose to remove the region code protection, essentially making the copied DVD RC# 0 correct? If I were to copy these RC# 4 DVD’s using DVDFab and have the RC protection removed, that would allow them to (theoretically) play in any RC# 1 DVD player correct? Also, to copy DVD’s of a different RC than what your computer’s DVD-ROM is set to, I wouldn’t have to change it would I? I wouldn’t think so to copy it, only if I wanted to play it?
[/QUOTE]

Yes and No.

Yes…DVDFab will copy n the DVDs and remove the region code so the discs will play in any machine, any region.

No…you don’t have to worry about what your drive is set to when you copy out-of-country DVDs - DVDFab takes care of that.

One thing DVDFab does not take care of, that you should probably note… Australia’s mode of TV display is PAL, whereas here in N.A., we have the NTSC system.

N.A. DVD stand-alone players and TVs can’t handle the different screen size and frame rates of the PAL system, but your computer should be able to…(just means that unless you convert them to NTSC, you won’t be seeing them on your TV through your set-top player).

FYI

OC

:slight_smile:

OCanada,

Thanks for that, I just wanted to confirm this. As for the PAL thing, I shouldn’t have to worry about it. I already have a Region 0, PAL DVD set that is also from Australia and it plays on my player/TV just fine. (So I’m assuming the RC 4 DVD’s I want to get should play fine as well on my player, copied or not)

The forum has a powerful search function that will flip through the pages for you. :slight_smile: This question has been asked and answered many times.

[QUOTE=Hectic;2310773]OCanada,

Thanks for that, I just wanted to confirm this. As for the PAL thing, I shouldn’t have to worry about it. I already have a Region 0, PAL DVD set that is also from Australia and it plays on my player/TV just fine. (So I’m assuming the RC 4 DVD’s I want to get should play fine as well on my player, copied or not)[/QUOTE]

Be careful with what you assume… DVDs specifically made to region ‘0’ are designed to be played in players worldwide - whether they came from Australia, N.A., Britain or Fiji (or where ever).

I think you’ll find an actual PAL region 4 disc, even changed to a region 0 disc by DVDFab, will NOT play in a N.A. DVD player set up for NTSC.

And you’ll still be looking to convert.

I have a region 2 PAL disc I keep to remind me not to be completely witless, as it won’t work in my NTSC system, and it’s a region change from 2 to 1.

OC

:frowning: