Region Code problem with 182D @ Philips 2412T patched

vbimport

I tried playing a movie I rented on my 182d flashed with philips 2412t firmware. When I opened it up in media player classic it said that my player wasnt capable of playing that region.

I have already patched the philips firmware with 3.4.0 flasher to remove region lock and set book type. I double checked that it was patched correctly and the options dont show up anymore, so it’s patched correctly.

Any suggestions of what to do? I can upload a copy of the patched firmware or email it to whomever can help.

Hi,[quote=ShadowGuy;2108240]I tried playing a movie I rented on my 182d flashed with philips 2412t firmware. When I opened it up in media player classic it said that my player wasnt capable of playing that region. [/quote]to sort out software related issues, you might try VLC.

I have already patched the philips firmware with 3.4.0 flasher to remove region lock and set book type. I double checked that it was patched correctly and the options dont show up anymore, so it’s patched correctly.
Stupid question: you flashed the firmware you patched?
Besides that: please run either Imgburn or Nero Info tool to check the region code settings of your drive.
If the drive was already locked to a region, this lock might not be lifted if the drive is crossflashed to another firmware. But I am not sure about this at all.

Other option would be to try stock Philips firmware patched with MCSE.

Michael

Well ImgBurn said that it was unable to find what region the drive was. However, VLC was able to play the disk without any problems. It doesn’t really matter it has been doing a great job burning, I use my standalone player for DVDs anyways.

One thing I am wondering, is there going to be any problems backing up my DVDs?

Hi,[quote=ShadowGuy;2108692]
One thing I am wondering, is there going to be any problems backing up my DVDs?[/quote]Shouldn’t be an issue at all since the DVD backup software deals with the region code.

Michael