Region Code issue (Panasonic DMR-ES10K (black))

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DMR-ES10K (black). Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Ok have read lots of posts but, I cant find one to address the issue I am currently having. I have used both anydvd with clonedvd and dvddecrypter and dvd shrink. I have one dvd that is region 2. I rip and burn and everything plays fine on my pc but, when i go to play it from my tv it says “cant play disk” or “disk not supported” Any ideas? I have put the region code to 0 and 1 and still nothing. Not sure what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

andrea

[QUOTE=andreaa;2222463][qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic DMR-ES10K (black). Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Ok have read lots of posts but, I cant find one to address the issue I am currently having. I have used both anydvd with clonedvd and dvddecrypter and dvd shrink. I have one dvd that is region 2. I rip and burn and everything plays fine on my pc but, when i go to play it from my tv it says “cant play disk” or “disk not supported” Any ideas? I have put the region code to 0 and 1 and still nothing. Not sure what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

andrea[/QUOTE]

The region code is that on your burner or player??? Could be the player is picky of the media type your using? So what kinda media did you burn to? And did you set the dvd+r media to dvd-rom on your burner?? What region is your player?? With Anydvd on you computer it allows you to play any region dvd on your computer.

Your problem is frame rate issue. Region disc was encoded in PAL as a result disc plays on pc but not on standalone.

When you watch disc encoded with NTSC you are watching around 29 frame per second.

When you watch disc encoded with PAL you are watching at 25 frame per second.

Therefore you standalone player can’t play it.

You could try Oppo DVD player they can play both format.