Region change

Hi everyone: I have an ATAPI G7H9 DVD burner and I can’t change the region code from 1 to 4. I tried to do it but shows me a sign : make you sure the unit have a 4 region media and you have a management privilege… or something like that. I can read dvds region 4 with anydvd, but I can’t burn it in that region. Please help me.

you can crossflash to benq dw1620 B7W9 RPC1 firmware so there will be no region lock. but the region cadoe has nothing to do with burning ability. wha do you mean by “I can read dvds region 4 with anydvd, but I can’t burn it in that region”?

You have right. I can burn dvd, but I can’t play them in my dvd player because it has a region 4 code and the dvd that I burned is in region 1. The anydvd allows me to play any dvd region code in my pc but I want to play them on my player or in any other player, not only in my pc.

you have to rip the dvd to your hard disk and remove the region code before you burn the files back to dvd. doing this is not allowed where i live (germany), so i’m not sure if i can give you information on how to unlock the dvds.

I do that you told me and it doesn’t work. i think my problem is with the burner it self. i don’t know. thank you for your time.