Region 1 to Region 2?

Hi guys!

Ok, i’m a bit of a noob but here goes.
I have been trying to find a way around this problem of mine for a while now…
I have region 1 dvds that I would like to play on my Region2 dvd player.
I have a pc (obviously) with a dvd writer.
I have several programs such as Nero7, AnyDVD, CloneDVD, etc…
Is there ANY possible way to copy my Region1 dvds onto a writable dvd that will work on my region2 player? As in, get rid of the region protection.
I heard that using AnyDVD with CloneDVD can do that but if so how?

Any help would end these months of agony trying to figure this out and I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Tom

You need to get a NTSC to PAL converter their is one widely known called DVD Santa but it has been questionable on the quality after the conversion… Anydvd itself makes the dvd region free but you can’t play a NTSC in a PAL Player and vice versa. Your best bet is to get a PAL & NTSC DVD Player that can play both. I hope this explains everything to a point if not ask to elaborate on what else you might want to know about.

Always have the option of just using anydvd and dvd shrink and making the backup disc region free.

Anydvd and CloneDVD will do this too as he owns them. He is want to go from NTSC to PAL I believe.

you need a pal output dvd player that will input both Pal and ntsc disks
not worth to convert
is time consuming and quality of converted disk is lousy
In the US the reverse type player is fairly cheap
not sure of the situation overseas

I agree with zaq. I have 3 different model JVC players and they all can play NTSC or PAL discs. So much easier and none of the converting mess. They only cost around $50 each as well. At the most you may have to modify the region code (R1 to R2 or region free) but anydvd can easily do that.