Reg - Toshiba UJ-841S Drive

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Toshiba TS-L802A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi,

I have a Toshiba A105-S4284 and my internal DVD drive reads only DVD’s and not reading any CD’s. What could be the issue?

I am also looking for buy a new one to replace but unable to find this model - MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S,

Can any one help me ? Your suggestions will be great.

Regards,

Ravikumar R

I’m looking for one, too; surely someone somewhere sells them!

@ rrdbala,

Welcome to the Forum.

Panasonic/Matsushita/Matshita drives have a well-documented history of being extremely “Media” picky. Besides the “Media” picky issue Panasonic/Matsushita/Matshita laptop/note book DVD Burners are poorly supported with Firmware updates and the Firmware that is available is Region Locked. Most owners of Panasonic/Matsushita/Matshita laptop/note book DVD Burners are disappointed with their performance. In short Panasonic/Matsushita/Matshita laptop/note book DVD Burners are a poor choice.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=rrdbala;2128166][qanda]This thread is about the Toshiba [B]TS-L802A[/B]. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi,

I have a Toshiba A105-S4284 and my internal DVD drive reads only DVD’s and not reading any CD’s. What could be the issue?

I am also looking for buy a new one to replace but unable to find this model - MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S,

Can any one help me ? Your suggestions will be great.

Regards,

Ravikumar R[/QUOTE]

I wonder what a 802 has to do with a UJ-841…?

Anyway, a UJ-841 is not from Toshiba, its from Matshita, it can be an OEM with Toshiba firmware…