Reference Stand Alone Burners

vbimport

I am wanting to purchase a "Stand Alone Burner" for my son. I am would like to know if it is diffucult to set up. He does not have an internal Burner. After pugging it into the USB Port, and installing Nero, is there anything else I need to do or is it ready to go? Any drawbacks versus the computer installed Burners? Thanks. Phil Fitzgerald

It’s always cheaper to install an internal burner (computer installed burner). It makes for less clutter too. Further, internal burners are not affected by dust etc as external burners would be.

The only reason to buy an external burner would be if you intend to move it frequently from one machine to another.

Installing USB burners is easy. Just plug them in. Of course, you need burn software installed on the PC. :slight_smile:

I guess you mean an external burner? Or do you really mean a Stand Alone burner? (a burner which does not need a normal computer)

After pugging it into the USB Port, and installing Nero, is there anything else I need to do or is it ready to go?

Wookie,

Based on this, I presume he means an external vs internal burner.

Originally posted by burnproof
Based on this, I presume he means an external vs internal burner.

I already thought that but wanted to make clear that an external drive isn’t called “stand alone” writer! :wink: