Reduce CD burning speed below 8x on 851?

vbimport

Having sound sync problems when burning vcd’s with my 851 using Nero.
What is the best way to reduce the burning speed below 8x, ideally to 2x or 4x?

Thanks in advance.
:wink:

What speed media are you using? Sometimes it is actually a good idea to burn faster rather then slower.

High speed drives and media were designed to be used at higher speeds. Try at 32x or so and see if that helps.

It could also be a low quality media issue. If you player is picky then you might want to try some different media (again try around 32x) and see if that resolves it.

You could also look up your DVD player in the DVD player compat. list found in my signature and see it there are any reports of issues with VCD’s.

The player seems to be fine, but I’ll try burning at a faster speed and see if it helps.
Oh, the media is Infiniti whitetop 48x, which Smartburn media check identifys as a 40x disk made by CMC Magnetics.

Originally posted by beeboy
The player seems to be fine, but I’ll try burning at a faster speed and see if it helps.
Oh, the media is Infiniti whitetop 48x, which Smartburn media check identifys as a 40x disk made by CMC Magnetics.

It says 40x is the max burn speed because that is the max the drive is rated for writing CD-R’s (40x).

40x max, Doh! of course.
I’ve tried some old CDRW’s which burn fine at 4x and the audio sync is fine. I guess I’ll stick to them for K/S/VCD’s.
I receive my order of Ritek DVDR’s this week, so I’ll be able to use the drive properly
Thanks for the help, I’m very impressed with the forum.:bow:
Keep up the good work.