RedFox AnyDVDHD Beta 8.0.0.2

vbimport

With a 21 day trial “license”, trial users can access the new RedFox OPD
Trial licenses are bound to the hardware and need Internet access.
This version will not work with SlySoft license keys! You have to obtain a trial license, which is an automated process within AnyDVD. Translation is ongoing, so there might be a lack of translation in certain languages.

The main purpose of this beta release is to test our trial licensing system, please post here if you encounter any trial related problems, together with your trial license ID (e.g. ABC-DEF). Any non-trial related post will be deleted or moved.

Download beta here: http://sandbox.redfox.bz/anydvd/SetupAnyDVD8002beta.exe

Thanks Alan…getting ready to make my move over to RedFox…going to buy the new LifeTime license…I think I got like 10-12 years maybe out of the Slysoft license…I more than got my monies worth out of the program for sure…

[QUOTE=~KIPPER~;2774310]Thanks Alan…getting ready to make my move over to RedFox…going to buy the new LifeTime license…I think I got like 10-12 years maybe out of the Slysoft license…I more than got my monies worth out of the program for sure…[/QUOTE] Yup, I wish there were more movies that I liked, in my old age, these new movies that have so much violence really make me think that I dont want to see them. I am liking the new comic book movies, like the Avengers and and Spiderman and those movies, they are cool to me. :wink:

Now we need a payment system so we can get on the ball here…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2774321]Now we need a payment system so we can get on the ball here…[/QUOTE]It won’t be too much longer I hope the wait is driving some of us crazy…:smiley:

They are not going to run out of downloads. Take your time LOL;)

[QUOTE=alan1476;2774327]They are not going to run out of downloads. Take your time LOL;)[/QUOTE]LMAO…I know that Alan…:stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, I wish there were more movies that I liked, in my old age, these new movies that have so much violence really make me think that I dont want to see them.

alan1476 was always a bit of a p#*y!:stuck_out_tongue: “Give me lizards or give me death!”

AnyDVD’s new rebirth has yet to convince me that it’s worth it to purchase a new lifetime license when my old lifetime license is now voided. Perhaps my issue is with the term “lifetime,” but how can you trust it when it seems to have no meaning? I can understand if RedFox needed money to continue, but a lot of previous lifetime license owners are going to turn away from them. If they had stated that they needed money and asked for a small $10 restart fee, then I would’ve been onboard, but this is not the case. So in my view it’s purchase a new license at your own peril.

[QUOTE=Sophocles;2774683]alan1476 was always a bit of a p#*y!:stuck_out_tongue: “Give me lizards or give me death!”

AnyDVD’s new rebirth has yet to convince me that it’s worth it to purchase a new lifetime license when my old lifetime license is now voided. Perhaps my issue is with the term “lifetime,” but how can you trust it when it seems to have no meaning? I can understand if RedFox needed money to continue, but a lot of previous lifetime license owners are going to turn away from them. If they had stated that they needed money and asked for a small $10 restart fee, then I would’ve been onboard, but this is not the case. So in my view it’s purchase a new license at your own peril.[/QUOTE]

Then you my old friend do not have to buy it. This is not a platform for the disenchanted. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I am neutral. Does any one really know, yes they do, all you have do is google, and you find out that they probably spent more money on attorneys than they took in. They fought for the licenses holder until they could no longer fight the AACS-LA. This is a fact. So you can either buy it or not. Your perogotive. and I am not a bit of a p#*y!:p. Maybe close. LOL.

Then you my old friend do not have to buy it.

That’s true, and I won’t, because there are equally effective alternatives that cost nothing. Remember I was once a very strong advocate for AnyDVD. I genuinely appreciate the hardships they’ve incurred from a forced shutdown, but remember this wasn’t the first time this has happened, and they didn’t throw their supporters under the bus then. I did read their story, and I get it, but they seemed to have left behind many of the traits that made them popular. Either a lifetime license is for the life of a product, and this is the same product, or it’s not.

“This is not a platform for the disenchanted. Everyone has a right to their own opinion.”

Are you suggesting that I open a new thread to find out how others feel about the change, or are you suggesting that it’s not possible on this forum?

It’s good to know that you’re still around! :cool:

[QUOTE=Sophocles;2774687]That’s true, and I won’t, because there are equally effective alternatives that cost nothing. Remember I was once a very strong advocate for AnyDVD. I genuinely appreciate the hardships they’ve incurred from a forced shutdown, but remember this wasn’t the first time this has happened, and they didn’t throw their supporters under the bus then. I did read their story, and I get it, but they seemed to have left behind many of the traits that made them popular. Either a lifetime license is for the life of a product, and this is the same product, or it’s not.

“This is not a platform for the disenchanted. Everyone has a right to their own opinion.”

Are you suggesting that I open a new thread to find out how others feel about the change, or are you suggesting that it’s not possible on this forum?

It’s good to know that you’re still around! :cool:[/QUOTE]We have known each other for 10 years and I would have thought you might have read JWs news on the troubles Slysoft had, the money they layed out to attorneys, you are not a newbie, if RedFox had not started their project you would have nothing, would you rather that, and you might, but how about letting everyone else make up their own mind without your grandstanding. Yes its good to know you are still around also, I would have thought you would come to visit more often. I miss our old crowd.

And you are correct, they didnt throw their supporters under a bus, but enough was enough, now it time for their supporters to support the new entity that the developers assembled. Its sad, that people only remember what they want too.

alan

I’m not against the retooling of AnyDVD, and yes I’m glad they’re still around, but they chose an underhanded way of reinstating themselves. If something has the scent of dishonesty, then it’s dishonest. If they had appealed to the longtime support community they would’ve done much better than they have by pretending to be a fragment of the original group. A smart move would’ve been to appeal to those of us with lifetime licenses, because most of us were early supporters to begin with. AnyDVD had built a highly revered brand that is now being tarnished through subterfuge, and in the end nothing will be won. If the original slysoft had appealed to its base for donations, it would’ve done far better than dissing it, in the hopes of gaining a new profitable base. It’s not about the money, it’s about the sense of being gamed, and no one likes being played. If previous owners had been asked to contribute a renewal donation to their original license to insure Slysofts survival, then SlyRedFox would’ve done so much better, but instead we have this across multiple forums.

Alan, I value our longtime association and I in no way want to jeopardize it.

[QUOTE=Sophocles;2774695]alan

I’m not against the retooling of AnyDVD, and yes I’m glad they’re still around, but they chose an underhanded way of reinstating themselves. If something has the scent of dishonesty, then it’s dishonest. If they had appealed to the longtime support community they would’ve done much better than they have by pretending to be a fragment of the original group. A smart move would’ve been to appeal to those of us with lifetime licenses, because most of us were early supporters to begin with. AnyDVD had built a highly revered brand that is now being tarnished through subterfuge, and in the end nothing will be won. If the original slysoft had appealed to its base for donations, it would’ve done far better than dissing it, in the hopes of gaining a new profitable base. It’s not about the money, it’s about the sense of being gamed, and no one likes being played. If previous owners had been asked to contribute a renewal donation to their original license to insure Slysofts survival, then SlyRedFox would’ve done so much better, but instead we have this across multiple forums.

Alan, I value our longtime association and I in no way want to jeopardize it.[/QUOTE]
Let’s get FACTS straight Slysoft is Gone/Dead and RedFox isn’t them so your being dishonest and making misleading statements. You got issues then take it up with vanished Slysoft - good luck doing that. If you want to make misleading statements others will poke holes in your delusional facts. And sounds more like you think your entitled to something that no longer exist as Slysoft is gone. Slysoft management and CEO decide to just vanish and leave the R&D staff in the cold and they were the one that had to go Poor to make this so the rest of us can still us it. If you can’t understand this FACT then nothing more anyone can do to help you. And you can choose to go use another software no one is making you buy RedFox - your Anydvd from Slysoft will no longer get the RedFox OPD access anymore after May 31. You can still use it but it will no longer work on newer movies or update protection schemes.

And Alan, I doubt is going anywhere unless he gets a better job offer to go somewhere else.

Let’s get (the) FACTS straight, Slysoft is Gone/Dead and RedFox isn’t them so your (you mean you’re) being dishonest

Exactly how am I being dishonest? By their own admission members of RedFox, identified themselves as a restart of Slysosft, as disaffected members who claim they restarted it because they didn’t have work. When AnyDVD was rebooted, and began providing updates, my license key, as did other keys, worked just fine until the release of version 8X. Did SlyFox get careless by leaving key info lying loose so that anyone can grab their code and reuse it? In the real world they would’ve at least sold their code, or released it as open-source (ideal), but what we have here is a group who claims to be members of the original developers, and yet can’t provide a reason why they’ve somehow gained control of it.

So if you want to get facts straight, then try and use some facts, and order them in a straight line. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Sophocles;2774695]alan

Alan, I value our longtime association and I in no way want to jeopardize it.[/QUOTE]

Posted by Sopicles
pretending to be a fragment of the original group
They are not pretending, they are the original developers

Hi Sophicles:
In a sense you are right, and believe me when I tell you when this first happened and the ideas were flying all over the place, the members of the community were willing to donate to the cause. But saying you are willing and actually doing it are two different things. You have to remember that the AACS-LA came down on them hard and the Island of Antigua was being threatened by the US Govt with sanctions. This is what lead to the quick and unexpected shutdown. The owner who’s name you can find on google was facing immediate confiscation of all his assets. Slysoft was protected for a very long time by the Island and now all that was gone. He spent an enormous amount money fighting to keep Slysoft afloat, but when faced with prison, he couldn’t take that chance. So he fled, shutdown the company and didn’t pay the developers. He did however leave them what they had in their minds, the knowledge of the code and the forum. The had to start from scratch, even the translation files were not available. They started a Project not a company called RedFox. All these developers are very smart. They could have gotten jobs in the private sector but they chose, to continue with the project, after all, they have to eat also. Without them, you have nothing, now they were gracious enough to work for free for a few months to put this Project together.
Slysofts AnyDVDHD still works. For 150,000 discs. You have what you bought. The updates from Redfox are a new entity. Its not perfect but its working. This is just my knowledge of whats happening from all the background that was published, so the choice was nothing for you, or some guys that wanted to keep fighting and that takes funds. Like it or not, this is the world we live in, where Governments and big business use their power to shut down the little guy. Its sad. I also value our relationship, but as friends, can we just agree to disagree? This is not the end of the world for either you or me. Lets not let it become anything more than a slight disagreement.

I already posted this once today and it appears to have been removed ? I got an Update notification last night for any dvd which I unfortunately followed through as it was the old any dvd popup .I now have no any dvd other than the the redfox one which has to be bought . I appreciate I wll eventually have to go that route but there has been no need at the moment. I think that is extremely bad form for redfox to do this a simple warning before installing would have allowed me to avoid thisl

[QUOTE=jaymac;2774725]I already posted this once today and it appears to have been removed ? I got an Update notification last night for any dvd which I unfortunately followed through as it was the old any dvd popup .I now have no any dvd other than the the redfox one which has to be bought . I appreciate I wll eventually have to go that route but there has been no need at the moment. I think that is extremely bad form for redfox to do this a simple warning before installing would have allowed me to avoid thisl[/QUOTE]
Did you not read the history notes before downloading? Failure to not read in black and white:

RedFox AnyDVD HD 8.0.1.0
For RedFox AnyDVD HD you need to purchase a RedFox license key, SlySoft licenses are not supported. [U]Purchase a license key now[/U]

This is the user fault not RedFox.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2774726]Did you not read the history notes before downloading? Failure to not read in black and white:

This is the user fault not RedFox.[/QUOTE]

Did I Say it was redfox’s fault no but they have no business removing software bought and paid for .Simply stating the old key wont work on the new version without a Caveat if you install you will lose the Old version is as said Bad Form. I appreciate anyDVD always just installed over the previous version but this was not Their version

I’ve held onto version 7.6.9.5 so l can still use it. I can understand why some people might miss the warning that their key is no longer valid since installing AnyDVD updates eventually becomes a reflex habit.

“They are not pretending, they are the original developers”

This has been my point all along, which why I think that it’s really the same people trying to spin a new history.

Alan I apologize for cluttering your thread, but it’s a discussion that people should have so perhaps a new thread is in order.

[QUOTE=jaymac;2774730]Did I Say it was redfox’s fault no but they have no business removing software bought and paid for .Simply stating the old key wont work on the new version without a Caveat if you install you will lose the Old version is as said Bad Form. I appreciate anyDVD always just installed over the previous version but this was not Their version[/QUOTE]
Not reading and understanding isn’t RedFox fault. As I posted the purchase page site and what it says there is no misunderstanding on RedFox part.

If you still don’t believe it here is the link to the download page saying and what it say about Anydvd.

https://www.redfox.bz/download.html