RedFox addresses Slysoft license concerns

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: RedFox addresses Slysoft license concerns[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/03/redfox-bz-shadow-1000-95x75.png[/newsimage]

In a previous article we reported that the company <a href=“https://redfox.bz”>RedFox</a> has put its <a href=“http://www.myce.com/news/website-anydvds-new-owner-redfox-now-online-78899/”>website online</a>. When the shutdown of SlySoft initially happened, many users were left wondering what would happen to their (lifetime) licenses. This prompted users to create a topic to talk about their <a href=“https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/getting-new-licenses.68392/”>license concerns</a>.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/redfox-addresses-slysoft-license-conserns-78918/](http://www.myce.com/news/redfox-addresses-slysoft-license-conserns-78918/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

As much as I hate subscription license models, I’ll make an exception in this case. Why? Well first of all, it will make sure RedFox and its employees gets a steady income to make sure they all can bring food on the table while building up capital to hopefully better be able to fight off the next wave of complaints and the U.S. playing world police yet again.

First and foremost they should pore over [U]this[/U] before choosing a new home port.
Predictably it was only a question of time until Antigua effectuated antiguan law two years ago - which provides the basis for the pressure put on the country.
IMO it’s the other side of the story that they saw the end of the safe harbour coming with their eyes open.
And what have they done up to that point ?

RedFox doesn’t have a “home port” as you call it. The team is completely decentralised. Most of them don’t even live in antigua. It’s only the domain that’s located in Belize, and the domains whois details are privacy shielded. So even if they wanted to find out, “the powers that be” will have a hard time finding out who to go after in the first place.

[QUOTE=Terramex;2770566]First and foremost they should pore over [U]this[/U] before choosing a new home port.
Predictably it was only a question of time until Antigua effectuated antiguan law two years ago - which provides the basis for the pressure put on the country.
IMO it’s the other side of the story that they saw the end of the safe harbour coming with their eyes open.
And what have they done up to that point ?[/QUOTE]
It is worth remembering that Antigua is legally premitted by a WTO running to “not protect USD 21 million per year for each year the US blocks its gambling services”.

Although it seems they have never actually formally exercised that right, even though the USA continues to violate its treaty obligations and the court rulings.

I seldom bought paid-items on the Internet, but under the recommendation of my friend, I paid for the RedFox products for its lifetime, generally speaking, it met all my requirements, but now I was told to pay for it again, I firmly opposed, even if there will be some compensations, I don’t agree. This is no business ethics. If you insist on doing this, I will report the situation to BBB.

[QUOTE=dolemiyoyo;2771813]I seldom bought paid-items on the Internet, but under the recommendation of my friend, I paid for the RedFox products for its lifetime, generally speaking, it met all my requirements, but now I was told to pay for it again, I firmly opposed, even if there will be some compensations, I don’t agree. This is no business ethics. If you insist on doing this, I will report the situation to BBB.[/QUOTE]

Posted by dolemiyoyo
If you insist on doing this, I will report the situation to BBB
We are not Slysoft or RedFox, I sincerely doubt you ever bought anything from RedFox, Slysoft is dead. Its so dead its cold already. The BBB is in the USA, your complaints will go to the trash. You might be upset now, but dont be silly, if the AACS-LA couldn’t finish what they started what makes you think an idiot organization like the BBB can do any better.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2771817]We are not Slysoft or RedFox, I sincerely doubt you ever bought anything from RedFox, Slysoft is dead. Its so dead its cold already. The BBB is in the USA, your complaints will go to the trash. You might be upset now, but dont be silly, if the AACS-LA couldn’t finish what they started what makes you think an idiot organization like the BBB can do any better.[/QUOTE]
BBB is a Shell Company from Panama Papers have already said so… lol…

Absolute rubbish. Pay homage to people willing to carry on and show some respect. Slysoft is as Alan says stone cold dead. I give you two options.

1. Dead (as SlySoft)
  2. Alive (as RedFox)

You are not asked to pay again for your SlySoft license, it is dead. You are asked to pay again to the renegades who are willing to continue developing the application for the better for all in a climate that says there may be no tomorrow. That is the facts.

:flower: btw, welcome to the forum.

No one wants to pay twice for the same product (I also own a lifetime license). The name of the product and the website may have changed, but the team is the same - maybe their financial or representative head has gone.

What if other companies do the same - close their company, refurbish with another name and sell their product a second time?

I will definitly NOT buy another license!

[QUOTE=Ria Jeave;2773201]No one wants to pay twice for the same product (I also own a lifetime license). The name of the product and the website may have changed, but the team is the same - maybe their financial or representative head has gone.

What if other companies do the same - close their company, refurbish with another name and sell their product a second time?

I will definitly NOT buy another license![/QUOTE] Too bad, its a good product, but there are alternatives. Look around our forum.:doh:

[QUOTE=Ria Jeave;2773201]No one wants to pay twice for the same product (I also own a lifetime license). The name of the product and the website may have changed, but the team is the same - maybe their financial or representative head has gone.

I will definitly NOT buy another license![/QUOTE]
People still don’t get it do they. Slysoft is dead…period. RedFox is a new company that is starting from “0”. Would you say that to a company like CompUSA to honor a warranty-you would go no where. Either read the news of what happened or move on to another software. But at the end of the day you will still want to use Anydvd HD that the principle of it. RedFox has nothing to do with Slysoft anymore if one can’t read and understand the news then nothing more anyone can do to inform your shortsightedness here. I myself will gladly pay for a new LTL license when the offer is made. Considering your LTL you should be happy you got far worth your money in return.

It is definitly NOT true that Redfox has nothing to do with Slysoft. They use the same source code and knowledge base, which they got from Slysoft for free or have taken from them without their approval. For me Redfox is a spin-off of Slysoft and I expect that they respect the contracts which Slysoft made with their customers.

It’s up to each person to make a donation if he’s so thankful, but please let this decide each person on his own.

Maybe you can sue Giancarlo Bettini for not honoring the license agreement…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Ria Jeave;2773250]It is definitly [B]NOT[/B] true that Redfox has nothing to do with Slysoft. They use the same source code and knowledge base, which they got from Slysoft for free or have taken from them without their approval. For me Redfox is a spin-off of Slysoft and I expect that they respect the contracts which Slysoft made with their customers.

It’s up to each person to make a donation if he’s so thankful, but please let this decide each person on his own.[/QUOTE]
Like I said you fail to read the news on the RedFox forum and still claim to know when you don’t know. Your trying to think for others and expect a freebie of which you fail to accept there is no freebie.

^:iagree:^

It is a challenge taking over the development even with the codebase no matter, that is, unless they got away with the capital from the old company as well.

So unless Ria Jeave have news for us that the former employees got their hands on it, my thought is that RedFox is hollow to the bone and in dire need of bringing in some financial backbone and so simply can not honor old SlySoft licenses. It would pretty much mean RedFox’ destined for failure from the start… sadly :frowning:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2773270]Like I said you fail to read the news on the RedFox forum and still claim to know when you don’t know. Your trying to think for others and expect a freebie of which you fail to accept there is no freebie.[/QUOTE]

Yes I’ve read the news on RedFox forum, but for me it looks like that a few people which are ‘RedFox friendly’ try to manipulate the community by their argumentation. This guys do not represent the majority of customers, which I expect do think more like me. Maybe it would be best if RedFox makes a survey how many LTL owners agree to pay a second time for a license. And worse is that it is planned to change licensing model on a yearly subscription basis, which would further increase the costs.

Yearly license is nothing new, anydvd already operates on yearly licenses and multi year. Nothing had changed on that part. Final pricing should be announced shortly. You and many others continue to fail to realize that even though the team has access to the code and customer base, they don’t have access to the funds slysoft had. Just because the RedFox team consists of part of the same team, that doesn’t mean they have access to the same resources.

[QUOTE=roadworker;2773263]Maybe you can sue Giancarlo Bettini for not honoring the license agreement…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
It took the AACS-LA 10 years to find him and you want to sue him LOL. :disagree:

[QUOTE=Ria Jeave;2773250]It is definitly NOT true that Redfox has nothing to do with Slysoft. They use the same source code and knowledge base, which they got from Slysoft for free or have taken from them without their approval. For me Redfox is a spin-off of Slysoft and I expect that they respect the contracts which Slysoft made with their customers.

It’s up to each person to make a donation if he’s so thankful, but please let this decide each person on his own.[/QUOTE]

What you decide is your right but the fact remains that you only have two options, to buy a new one or go home.