Redbox $1 per day Blu-ray rentals

vbimport

Redbox plans to be the latest company to offer Blu-ray movie rentals through automated movie kiosks.

http://tinyurl.com/6qlxoq

Do any of you use these movie rental kiosks?

They have them all over the place where I live, the closest one to me is in the Wegmans Supermarket. I do not use them though. I have often thought about it but I never used it. Its much cheaper than other rentals, but if you are not there the day a good movie comes out, they are all gone.

I would stay with Netflix. They have more selection for the subscription they offer.

RANDOMOUS
Yeah!,that is good news. I do rent from redbox once in
a while from my local grocery store. Especially for my nephew
who always want’s to see diffrent movies for him and his
girlfriend. They charge us $ 1.08 a title which is the total
price with the tax. If you keep them additonal night I like
that it’s only a dollar extra a night. The online reserve is
great too. Also if you happen to have them with you to
return and you happen to be in another part of town
you can return them to the redbox there. This is a good
way to check out titles you don’t intend to buy.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

I use them once in a while, but like Alan said, if you don’t get there early, the new releases and more popular flicks are gone.
Up here in Maine, you can find the kiosks at Hannaford and Shaw’s supermarkets, Walgreen’s and Mcdonalds.

I do Blockbuster online, but it’s hard to beat a $0.99 rental if you happen to spot what you want.
Thanks for the info on BR…haven’t checked the kiosks in a while

[QUOTE=zap em;2164862]Also if you happen to have them with you to
return and you happen to be in another part of town
you can return them to the redbox there.[/QUOTE]

Good point ZAP. I drive right past a kiosk on the way to work, so it’s really convenient to drop off a redbox rental since any kiosk will accept any return

MAINEMAN
Yeah! actually blockbuster is pretty good on the old
titles here in CALIFORNIA. You can rent them for five
days for a dollar or $ 1.99 for some titles. It’s only
if you rent the new titles. I know they give you five days
now,but man $ 4.99 a title?. Your better off buying them
from pay per view on satellite or cable ,because at least
you can record the movie for about the same price.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

Assuming you can find one of these movie rental kiosks in a convenient location without a line, I recommend trying it out.

If you want to give Redbox a try, then check out some free Redbox rental codes: CLICK HERE! :smiley:

The McDonalds just down the street from me has one (don’t ask me how they figure into it). Never bothered with them since I have netflix but for the occasional dirt cheap blu-ray, I might be willing to splurge if they have something different

:bigsmile:GUY’S
That was my point it dosn’t matter if there is a line at the
redbox location you go to. If you create an account with
them online. They give you a password,and also you put in
your zip code and it shows you the nearest locations to where
you live. Then you can click reserve on line. Then the machine
holds the titles for you untill 9.00pm that night. It dosn’t matter
either old or new titles you can reserve both. Since you can
create your account online using your debit or a credit card
which is how you pay for your titles on the machine anyway.
ZAP.:bigsmile:

hmm… If movie rental is $1 for each movie then a month of each day of 30 movies/day that is $30+tax. For Netflix for 3 movies is only ~$17 with tax and +$1 (BD) for any three movies and the more you return the more 3 movies you get in the month time. So in the end I consider the Netflix a more valuable assets in term of rental and price choice. I am basing this only for one month time frame with my limited calculations.

:bigsmile:COOLCOLORS
I am not knocking netflix. As a matter a fact a lot
of things they have been doing lately I happen to like.
So just use which ever service you like.

Redbox is a great rental service for new releases. I still keep my netflix so I can stream older titles on my 360 but just use Redbox for new releases. You can always make sure you get your movies by reserving them online around 1AM Tue morning.

Actually the same goes for Netflix as well for new releases you get a queue for the movie release and you can adjust them in priority as you want them. And plus they send them to the home rather then you have to pick them up or drop them off at specific location. Never said you were knocking netflix just making comparison on what it would cost if you were to just use a one month comparison of how much it would cost.

I have a new Wegmans supermarket near me and they have a Redbox and its always full of all the latest movies, no more Blockbuster for me LOL.:wink:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2166099]hmm… If movie rental is $1 for each movie then a month of each day of 30 movies/day that is $30+tax. For Netflix for 3 movies is only ~$17 with tax and +$1 (BD) for any three movies and the more you return the more 3 movies you get in the month time. So in the end I consider the Netflix a more valuable assets in term of rental and price choice. I am basing this only for one month time frame with my limited calculations.[/QUOTE]

Can you really get 30 movies from netflix in one month? If you figure the mail time back and forth, I would assume you could only get about 15 maybe 20.
I like the idea of spending my money when I get the rental and how often…for the $17/mo do you rent 17 movies a month every month?

[QUOTE=lohertz;2309014]Can you really get 30 movies from netflix in one month? If you figure the mail time back and forth, I would assume you could only get about 15 maybe 20.
I like the idea of spending my money when I get the rental and how often…for the $17/mo do you rent 17 movies a month every month?[/QUOTE]

You know you missed the point of the statement is relating to the amount your paying versus a one time payment for unlimited rental at the 3 movies at a time. And it could be more depending if the turn around time is 2 days… In the end the netflix subscription is more economical plus you can get any New release not just the release they put in the Red Boxes outlets. Plus if you don’t return Red Boxes you will own it and they will charge you 20$ and if you have more that adds ups. Now that isn’t what I consider good customer service or renting. That is downside people fail to talk about. As with netflix you can keep that 3 rental for a long as you want but you will get your next queue when you return all 3 or one at a time but since you subscribed to 3 rental it’s just more smarter to return 3 rental and back.

[QUOTE=Randomus;2165583]Assuming you can find one of these movie rental kiosks in a convenient location without a line, I recommend trying it out.

If you want to give Redbox a try, then check out some free Redbox rental codes: CLICK HERE! :smiley:[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will check out the free codes I think there is a RedBox at Wal Mart here in Gainesville,Fl where I live. IS there a link on the site for Locations and the Free Codes by Location sites? I am also glad that there are affordable rental places. I have given up on burning any DVD movies there is just no need with inexpenive rentals and Deals like 5.00 at Wal Mart for DVD movies Maybe Blu ray movies will come down in price soon I hope so. I have a blockbuster account but 5 bucks fpor a rental is high if I rent 4 movies I could buy one Blu ray movie.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=frankduffey;2406822]Thanks I will check out the free codes I think there is a RedBox at Wal Mart here in Gainesville,Fl where I live. IS there a link on the site for Locations and the Free Codes by Location sites? I am also glad that there are affordable rental places. I have given up on burning any DVD movies there is just no need with inexpenive rentals and Deals like 5.00 at Wal Mart for DVD movies Maybe Blu ray movies will come down in price soon I hope so. I have a blockbuster account but 5 bucks fpor a rental is high if I rent 4 movies I could buy one Blu ray movie.:)[/QUOTE]

Your kidding right BD come down in prices??? I think BD will be it’s own demise. Really given up on burning movies? How you figure that one out? Blank media are inexpensive to buy and burn for those you legally own so you won’t ruin the original movies. I still find the justification to go BD doesn’t benefit the endusers only the companies making the movies. You get alot of stuff but not alot of movie in return unless you have quality hardware to play it.