Red LED for recording on s203n possible?

vbimport

On my old Lite-On DVD-R drive, I found on here years ago a firmware which allowed me to modify the green LED to be red when recording.

Does anything similar exist for Samsung s203n?

Searches yielded nothing…

Thanks!

Hi,

unfortunately the days of having a different LED colour when burning are gone. Even with Liteon.

Michael

Yep mciahel is correct the only color you’ll ever get is green they only have one
green led in them now days it saves the company’s a penny or two to not include
a red led in there also. :frowning:

It’s not only the LED, also the logic was removed.
I realized that, when I installed an old OEM-OEM-CD writer in an external enclosure. Both, drive and enclosure, do have two LEDs, one of those is the “write indicator”. When burning, both were lit, so the information about “burning in progress” was transmitted to the controller triggering the LED of the enclosure. This doesn’t happen with newer drives…

Michael

The removed ‘logic’ is just a simple output of the drive’s controller connected to the second input of a single multi color led inside the drive. No info is transmitted to the enclosure, which can just detect the data flow direction to trigger the ‘write’ led.

Hi,[quote=ala42;2057597]The removed ‘logic’ is just a simple output of the drive’s controller connected to the second input of a single multi color led inside the drive. No info is transmitted to the enclosure, which can just detect the data flow direction to trigger the ‘write’ led.[/quote]In that case, the write indicator LED of the enclosure would also work with modern drives that do not have a separate write indicator LED.
This is not the case (at least not with my enclosure, a Vipower with GL811 chipset).