Red Alert 2

I am using the newest version of clone CD and i cannot copy red alert 2 correctly. I create the image, then burn the image. I tryed using “Amplify weak sectors” and still a no go. I reinsert the copy and the menu screen pops up and i click install. Then it disappears a extremely tiny white box appears in the middle of the screen and nothing else happens… I use a hp 8x/4x/32x internal burner. Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong and/or how to fix it??? Thx.

Well the AWS option doesn’t work with all drives. Check www.leech.at/sd2brenner for a list. If your writer indeed doesn’t work with AWS you’re just out of luck. For more solutions I suggest you read this article.

I also tryed to burn this with clone cd. It almost gets through installing and then has an error

Merged the threads

Same reply as above…

I have a HP 8/4/32 SCSI drive and
SD2 copying works fine

What settings???

Originally posted by Coldfreezer
What settings???
I think;

-FES on
-AWS on

Everything else default at max speed.

what’s FES?

FES = Fast Error Skip

If you wnat to make a backup of safedisk 2 games then do

Read: Fast Error skip
Write: Amplify Weak Sectors

This will allow you to play the install and play the game. But might not work with all CD Drives.

If you just want a CD that can install the game then

Read: Fast Error skip
Use Betablocker to patch the weak sectors
burn with no options checked

This will allow you to install the game then get a crack and play the game without the CD!.

Originally posted by velocity3k
[B]Read: Fast Error skip
Use Betablocker to patch the weak sectors
burn with no options checked

This will allow you to install the game then get a crack and play the game without the CD!. [/B]
Heheh LOL using BB to install the game :stuck_out_tongue: It was meant to make it play just like CloneCD’s AWS…

I was wondering if there was any major changes to Red Alert 2 after the Sept. 11 attacks? I already know that they took out the picture of the WTC burning down on the box.

Im using a LG 16x10x40 CDRW

I copied C&C 2 red alert using these settings with CloneCD ver 3.2.2.1
I created a image file with these settings & got perfect copies:)

{Read}
speed 4x
FES = on
FES are read retries 3
error correction software.
All the other stuff off i did not use .

{Write}
Speed Max
AWS on { amplify weak sectors}
Dont close on. or close session not checked!
& write mode Raw DAO.

If i forgot something let me know
:slight_smile:
Oh & i have tried to read the disks Insall them & play the game on another computer!Actually 2 other machines:D

same here with the same settings you used

thx … i finally got it

Hm…lucky. A LOT of OEM HPs are rebadged; they’re made by Sony.

Don’t forget - Sony = Macrovision = SD2…you really think a FW upgrade is gonna give us backups; ha! No wonder we so easily lost AWS with Sony on 2.51.021.