Recovery disk

vbimport

nor sure if this is the place but here goes

have a acer aspire 3690 laptop i tried to restore it and now i am getting a error that setup file is damaged or missing so i cant get into my system does any body know how i can make a bootable system disk to repair the file and let windows xp media addition reload

Did you use a recovery/restore cd or partition to try and restore the laptop, something from Acer? There are several types of recovery boot cd’s available but they are not something the average user finds “easy” to use. Most are based on the linux kernel and can be confusing to a windows user. You might want to contact Acer, explain the problem and ask them for a recovery cd. Are you still under warranty?

Here’s a link to a rescue cd if you want to try it, there are others and with some googling you might find something easier for you.

http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page

[QUOTE=ericgbyrne;2173058]nor sure if this is the place but here goes

have a acer aspire 3690 laptop i tried to restore it and now i am getting a error that setup file is damaged or missing so i cant get into my system does any body know how i can make a bootable system disk to repair the file and let windows xp media addition reload[/QUOTE]

You should do as Whappo says contact Acer and ask to purchase the recovery cd/dvd to restore your computer back to factory settings. Computer that come bundled usually have part of the HDD with the recovery area that contain the saved information to create the cd/dvd restore media unless that part is delete or unusable then your only choice is to contact Acer and purchase the reovery cd/dvd from them.