Recovering data from a Smart Media card

vbimport

I have a Ricoh RDC-6000 digital camera. The smart media card I am using with it appears to have failed, I was wondering if it is possible to recover the data from it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

What brand smart media? Try to reach the mfg and see if they have solutions.

Unfortunately it appears to be brandless.

Chriso ,

i have used a product called getdataback … it recovers data from hard drives when they fail and also smart cards …cause i have had it happen … …it is very easy to use …I have recovered data from hard drivesthat stopped working too as long as bios was able to see them …it is life saver and must have …here is the link if you want more info

http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm

any question you can message me on msn messenger

giovanni40220@msn.com

Also let me know if it works for you …there are other products out there I have tried but I like this one the best …easiest to use

also here is another one I had used that you might like too …

http://www.onlimemedia.com/download/#mediarevival

media revival is easy to use too and quicker cause it just looks for photo 's

need any help let me know …

also let me know which one worked for you and if any …i have used both programs on flash cards …flash memory and smart cards …

The second program failed and the first link didn’t work.

hmmmmmmm odd the first link didnt work …i have went to it four or five times now …I know that program works really well …getdataback …

I don’t understand how to find the drive on getdataback.

The Smart media card is in the slot for smart media in the printer.

Originally posted by Chriso
[B]I don’t understand how to find the drive on getdataback.

The Smart media card is in the slot for smart media in the printer. [/B]

You probably can’t then. You need a reader or an all in one reader because for any software package to work, it must show up as a drive letter. If the information is that important, maybe a reader is a worthwhile investment.

It does have it’s own drive letter. Unfortunately none of the pictures could be recovered (the card had major physical damage according to the recovery program which actually managed to scan it, while others refused due to the errors).