Recover data

Hi,
This is my first post in this forum.

I have hard disk with 2 partition

1. NTFS (windows XP)
  2. FAT32

when I tried to install Windows98 over FAT32 (before installation I used partition Magic to make F32 active and NTFS hide). Windows98 CD start installation and did some partitioning as the result all partition gone (I stopped installation immediately). Now I have one partition (raw). I boot from other HDD with XP OS installed on it, run Partition Magic, but there is no partition left in first HDD. All I have one partition with RAW state (niether Win32 nor NTFS).

I had some important family pictures saved on NTFS partition. Is it possible to get those pics back? I know there are some data recovery software avaiable but all need money? is ther any free software available?

Thanks for your time.

Aamir

Try GetBackData its very powerful and free. Just Google search for it. Hope it helps and good luck restoring your photo’s

Thanks!!

Yesterday I tried getbackdata software, its really a powerful software and I recoverd all photos…

Thanks again

Aamir

Wow thats great, I am very happy for you!!!

:wink:

This program works quite well indeed, but it’s very wise to manually check every picture! I had to do some recoveries and about all went well, but some of my pictures and mp3s got “mixed up” (that means. two pictures in one etc)…

Hi,

I suppose Active@ partition recovery tool can help you. It worked for me perfectly and was always able to bring lost partition back to life.

http://www.partition-recovery.com/

G’day
I find Bad Copy very good to recover lost data
john

Hello,

EASEUS DataRecoveryWizard utility can help. Speaking about me, it was
easily able to restore deleted, lost file and unformat drive,
so I think you will also find it quite useful. Really recommended
tool, give it a try.