RecordNow MAX?

Who is that actually writes RecordNow MAX software? Is it Stomp or is it VERITAS? :confused:

TIA;
S
:confused:

The original software was developed by Prassi Europe and the basic burning engine used in a variety of licensed versions, including Prassi/Veritas PrimoCD Plus, Prassi PrimoDVD, Sony CD Extreme, Veritas My CD Pro, Stomp Click 'n Burn and Stomp RecordNow MAX.

Prassi Europe was purchased by Veritas, who now owns the software. Veritas has since been purchased by AOL.

Thanks for the info Interia So the RecordNow MAX that came with my Sony 500a is a full version?

S

:confused:

It depends on what you consider a “full version”. If you go to the RecordNow MAX Platinum web page and compare the features of this software bundle with the OEM version that came with your Sony burner, you’ll find that your version doesn’t include the extras.

OEM burning software versions packaged with burners are usually basic versions to get the user started and hopefully to interest him in buying the more complete retail version of the product. Burning software developers don’t make much on OEM software and practically give it away to the burner manufacturers for their packaged product. That’s why OEM software is not supported by the software developers, but is supposed to be supported by the burner manufacturer (or rebadger).

i believe you can download the full max version soon from the sony webside.