RecordNow DX / MAX

vbimport

I’m a little confused about the RecordNow software.

Is RecordNow DX the same as RecordNow Max?
DX seems to be from Veritas and Max by Sonic. Yet in screenshots they appear almost identical.

I can get either DX 4.6 for (much cheaper) or the “new” Max 4.5 if it’s a whole lot better.

The reason I want RecordNow is because I’ve heard it produces the best compatibility with set top DVD players.

Which if any are better or are they the same?

Thanks in advance! :bigsmile:

This is only my experience - others may have had a different one - but I’d think before I buy Record Now DX.

I have a copy - which came with my sony DVD burner. I’ve had a lot of problems with it. It’s burnt many a coaster!!

In fact I’ve been fighting with it all today - as I’ve tried out various software trying to do a backup of my ‘backups’ (so to speak). While it does a much faster erase than say nero or DVDxCopy - It doesn’t seem to ‘erase’ the RW very well - so I’ve ended up with movies where the final chapters contain a totally different movie (as though some of the old movie were still on the disc). Also I’ve had problems with almost all my backups (of movies I’ve made myself) - to the point where I tried DVDX Copy - even though it doesn’t have a great reputation. The ‘copies’ it made all play in my standalone.

If you can get a trial copy - it’s worth trying to see if you have any better luck - but it would be a real bummer to pay out hard earned cash just to find you have the same problems.

Just my 2 cents on the matter. Goodluck - whatever. Sorry - I am not familiar with the Sonic program.

Gadfly

Sonic bought RecordNow, and released the new v6.5 - it has cut down features and a new interface but works a treat. I love it for recording my VIDEO_TS folders! Easy, quick and very stable. Don’t think you will need the MAX version of 6.5 as it just adds basic movie making etc. I have used the older 4.5 MAX for a long time (think DX is a cut down version) and also found this an excellent product, but I very much doubt this will be updated in the future.

Thanks.

I’ve heard of lots of problems with Nero and my drive, that’s why I’ve wanted to try RecordNow.

I went with the cheaper DX and it workd great.
Burns data CD’s with very low PI/PO errors as well as DVD’s.

:bigsmile:

Hello, Just my insight and experience with Record Now DX.

I Have a Lite-On LDW 411S. I first tried DVDX Copy Express, then Gold. Had Nothing but problems with them.

Then Upgraded the firmware on the dvd drive, then started using DVD Shrink.

I remembered seeing the option in record Now DX from when I had it a year ago.

“Recognize Video_TS Folders”

So I reinstalled DX that came bundled with my dvd burner As to make sure I had the most current Build.

Then I Used DVD Shrink to De macro, and de region. While taking out french subtitles, etc and 5.1 because I dont have the speakers for 5.1 Sound. And dont speak french, I set the options to create DVD compliant folders.

Then Just opened up DX and selected data Disc. Then set the options to recognize the video_ts and audio_ts folders and made sure their was a empty folder dont delete the empty one thats created, thats the important key. To get dx to work right. Then set dvd file structure to udf 108 ~ 8+3 bridge. Track at once Closed.Once I set all the options in DX I just drug all the files from my E:/RIP Directory into the DX Pallete. It instantly changed the folder names to Red, and changed the icons next to them as to show that DX is made for this operation.

Ripped it up, slapped it in my old and I mean old dvd player, (that wont play vcd’s i might add) and it booted right up, menus were great, extras were there. Movie Looked Sensational! and didnt skip or corrupt once.

In My Opinion, Record Now DX and DVD Shrink are the way to go.

Not only will record now rip almost every kind of disc out there, but it has multi-drive support,

I used “CompUSA” Brand DVD-R’s And a 79$ Internal Lite-ON LDW 411S Bus Link CD/DVD-+R/-+RW

DVD RW’s Are not compliant with older DVD players, and risk phase change degradation, DVD-R’s Are not bound by those imperfections. And are cheaper, 25 pak spindle $19.99 Comp USA in-house brand.

Originally posted by fubar515034
[B]Hello, Just my insight and experience with Record Now DX.

I Have a Lite-On LDW 411S. I first tried DVDX Copy Express, then Gold. Had Nothing but problems with them.

Then Upgraded the firmware on the dvd drive, then started using DVD Shrink.

I remembered seeing the option in record Now DX from when I had it a year ago.

“Recognize Video_TS Folders”

So I reinstalled DX that came bundled with my dvd burner As to make sure I had the most current Build.

Then I Used DVD Shrink to De macro, and de region. While taking out french subtitles, etc and 5.1 because I dont have the speakers for 5.1 Sound. And dont speak french, I set the options to create DVD compliant folders.

Then Just opened up DX and selected data Disc. Then set the options to recognize the video_ts and audio_ts folders and made sure their was a empty folder dont delete the empty one thats created, thats the important key. To get dx to work right. Then set dvd file structure to udf 108 ~ 8+3 bridge. Track at once Closed.Once I set all the options in DX I just drug all the files from my E:/RIP Directory into the DX Pallete. It instantly changed the folder names to Red, and changed the icons next to them as to show that DX is made for this operation.

Ripped it up, slapped it in my old and I mean old dvd player, (that wont play vcd’s i might add) and it booted right up, menus were great, extras were there. Movie Looked Sensational! and didnt skip or corrupt once.

In My Opinion, Record Now DX and DVD Shrink are the way to go.

Not only will record now rip almost every kind of disc out there, but it has multi-drive support,

I used “CompUSA” Brand DVD-R’s And a 79$ Internal Lite-ON LDW 411S Bus Link CD/DVD-+R/-+RW

DVD RW’s Are not compliant with older DVD players, and risk phase change degradation, DVD-R’s Are not bound by those imperfections. And are cheaper, 25 pak spindle $19.99 Comp USA in-house brand. [/B]

which version did you use mate? 4.5 or the new 6.5?