Recording without TV Guide

vbimport

How in the name of all that’s holy can I make this thing record a show as in the old days of VCRs? Set the day and time, set the channel, done.
The TV Guide doesn’t work, for whatever reason, but the machine so badly wants it to work, it won’t let me make a simple programming entry.
The only way to record anything (as far as I can tell) is to press RECORD. That would be OK if I sat in the living room 24 hours a day, every day, but I don’t.
Any ideas? Thanks.

[QUOTE=mj2g;2100401]How in the name of all that’s holy can I make this thing record a show as in the old days of VCRs? Set the day and time, set the channel, done.
The TV Guide doesn’t work, for whatever reason, but the machine so badly wants it to work, it won’t let me make a simple programming entry.
The only way to record anything (as far as I can tell) is to press RECORD. That would be OK if I sat in the living room 24 hours a day, every day, but I don’t.
Any ideas? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Which model do you own?

I do use the G-Link (for directv) but only so it changes to the channel I want automatically. w/o the G-Link, I wouldn’t be able to schedule in multiple channels w/o also setting up the schedule within the directv system (double work).

Only manual recordings for me; I don’t use the TV Guide feature.