Recording problem

vbimport

when I program a scheduled recording. I shut off the recorder and the standby icon does not come on and it erases the scheduled recording program. The scheduled recording does not set.
When I first bought the dmr it worked just fine. I have not used it much.
Is there a way I can fix this problem?
I would appreciate some help because this is a very important reason that I bought this dvd recorder,vhs combo.

Hi tmontell, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Moving your thread over to the ‘Panasonic DVD Recorder and Player Forum’…

[QUOTE=tmontell;2530920]when I program a scheduled recording. I shut off the recorder and the standby icon does not come on and it erases the scheduled recording program. The scheduled recording does not set.
When I first bought the dmr it worked just fine. I have not used it much.
Is there a way I can fix this problem?
I would appreciate some help because this is a very important reason that I bought this dvd recorder,vhs combo.[/QUOTE]

After entering the scheduled recording data did you confirm the information by pressing ENTER and then SCHEDULE to close the window before powering off the recorder?

Unfortunately you purchased about the [I]least[/I] reliable Panasonic DVDR. The EZ-48v has many general bugs including several scheduling bugs common to all EZ recorders.
Their are several workarounds for the bugs. One that I used was to turn the machine on/off at least once sometime before a scheduled event was to take place(the day of your event). Another workaround(that I have not used but read about) is to schedule a [I]dummy[/I] event that spans midnight(known as the midnight bug). Where you schedule a event say from 11:59 PM to 12:01 AM. Still others prefer to never use daily or weekly events(where many bugs occur). Unfortunately I’m afraid the bugs are here to stay. I(and probably other people) tried very hard back in '07 to get Panasonic to correct several bugs I documented with the EZ series but I was never able to get anyone at Panasonic to take me seriously. Really sad at how ineptly they seem to be run, I would have expected more from a Japanese company, and this is coming from a Panasonic fan.

[QUOTE=jjeff;2531098]Unfortunately you purchased about the [I]least[/I] reliable Panasonic DVDR. The EZ-48v has many general bugs including several scheduling bugs common to all EZ recorders…[/QUOTE]

Jeff,

Some Panasonic EZ series owners would respond by suggesting that the DMR-EZ47 combo recorder from 2007 is even worse than the DMR-EZ48 combo recorder from 2008/2009/2010.

The usual justification for purchasing VHS/DVD combo recorders–copying videotapes to DVD–fails with the crude results produced by Panasonic EZ series combo recorders.

The best current method for copying videotaped recordings to DVD may be had by connecting an external VCR to an input on a Magnavox 2160 Hard Disc Drive/DVD recorder, transferring videotape recordings to the hard drive by recording from the input in real-time, editing/dividing the hard drive recordings (if desired) and high-speed dubbing the recording(s) to DVD(s).

Why is it that folks continue to purchase Panasonic EZ series recorders when they may purchase the outstanding Magnavox 2160 HDD/DVD recorder for less than $160?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=12244086#post12244086

The first photo shows my little used ($25) 2007 DMR-EZ47 just before I swapped in some VHS mechanism cradle parts from a parts machine. The VHS mechanism lower cradle cassette visor opening finger, indicated in the second photo, would not correctly align with the visor release button on VHS cassettes, indicated in the third photo, resulting in a cassette jamb when the visor would not open, indicated in the fourth photo, whereupon there was a forced eject revealing additional alignment and functionality problems. The replaced original VHS cradle parts are seen in the fifth photo. The VHS mechanism now functions correctly.

Was my DMR-EZ47 set up for daily use after returning it to functionality? [B]No Way![/B] Not as long as my much better Panasonic ES series recorders and Magnavox 2160 Hard Disc Drive/DVD recorders are set up for daily use.

So, what is my litle-used DMR-EZ47 good for? In a word, [B]PARTS[/B]. Perhaps I’ll pull out it’s good VXY1961 DVD Drive for swapping into one of my 2007 DMR-EZ17 DVD recorders that experienced a laser assembly failure last fall. That project must await another day.

[QUOTE=VoxHumana;2531126]Jeff,

Some Panasonic EZ series owners would respond by suggesting that the DMR-EZ47 combo recorder from 2007 is even worse than the DMR-EZ48 combo recorder from 2008/2009/2010.

[/QUOTE]
Yes I’d probably agree with the possible inclusion of the ill fated '05 ES-40v. I guess I was thinking more of the [I]currently available[/I] Panasonic recorders. If the EZ-47v is anything like the EZ-17(which is probably is) I can’t imagine anything worse:Z