Recording mode for DVD-R, DVD+R and DVD-RAM

vbimport

Hi All,
I am currently working with DVD-R, DVD+R and DVD-RAM as a part of my project. As a part of the requirement we should be able to archive to the DVD (of the above formats) programmatically (C#) in a multi-session fashion. That is, after archiving one file the program could be aborted and a new instance of the application will use a new session handle to archive more files in a incremental fashion. Is this possible for the formats mentioned above.
If yes is the same facility available for other media and formats such as CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW.

Regards,
Niranjan

You should be able to write multisession discs with all the mentioned media types. However, you should be aware that you loose some space with each session burned.

Thanks matze for the clarification. I wanted to confirm couple of other things.

1. I have read couple of previous threads which said that for parallel recording (ie simultaneous recording) to more than one media at the same time, different instances of the application will have to be used(as Nero does not support simultaneoud recording in a single process). Does this hold good now also?
  2. As NeroCOM is just a wrapper over NeroSDK, all the discussions dealt will be same for either. Is that correct?
  3. If there were to be crash or an abrupt system shutdown while recording on a DVD-R or DVD+R, what is the impact on the media being used? Would it be re-usable?
  4. I guess that with DVD-RAM there would not be a significant impact (for a case as above). Am I right?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Niranjan