Recording from one DVD player to another

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVD Recorder DVR-220S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am trying to record from one DVD player (Insignia NS-FS DVD) to another (Pioneer DVR-220). Friends have lent me DVD+R’s of home movies, but the Pioneer does not read these. Therefore I would like to copy onto DVD-R’s so that I can have a copy of these for myself. I have tried to hook up the Insignia to the TV and then record that way, but I had no luck, I just ended up recording the TV. I then tried to hook the two players up directly (out from the Insignia and in to the Pioneer) and then record that way, but again, no luck. I did all of this using the regular audio/video input and outputs, but have not tried component or S-video connections. Finally, the Insignia does not have a VHF/UHF connection and this seems to need to be used to get any recording on the Pioneer. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Copy it with your computer? ImgBurn can read the DVD and then write it bac out, assuming you have a DVD burner.