Recording from DVD Player to Recorder (Samsung DVD-R150 DVD Recorder)

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung DVD-R150 DVD Recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Recording DVD disk from a Sony DVD Player to the Samsung R150 recorder is a problem: The screen on the TV display shows an ‘expanding’ green screen signal when setting up the recorder using TV’s AV1 as interface . The best image obtained with direct RCA connection (player to recorder) is shaky and shrunken, with large horizontal space at bottom om screen. There is no problem when recording from VCR to DVD.
:confused:

Maybe the DVD you try to copy is protected… Is it a commercial DVD? If so, then you can copy it using your PC and appropriate sw to remove these kind of protections.

Thanks for reply. This is possible in some cases but also happens with DVD which expressly encourages copying and distribution due to the general educational nature of the content. Guess I must do some more experimenting but will attempt the PC route too. :frowning: :doh:

[QUOTE=albertvdp;2288836]Guess I must do some more experimenting but will attempt the PC route too. :frowning: :doh:[/QUOTE]

:iagree: It will be faster too!

… and welcome to this forum :wink:

Guess I must do some more experimenting but will attempt the PC route too.

Better Quality too, as it won’t be converted back to Analog only to be re-encoded to Digital.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2288923]Better Quality too, as it won’t be converted back to Analog only to be re-encoded to Digital.[/QUOTE]

:iagree: Definitely! I forgot about that :doh: