Recording DVD's from copyrighted DVD's

vbimport

I received a TEAC DVW-D11 for a gift. I would like to make a copy of a copyrighted DVD. Is there any way to do this? Thanks.

[QUOTE=GW2Carole;2481180]I received a TEAC DVW-D11 for a gift. I would like to make a copy of a copyrighted DVD. Is there any way to do this? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

First off you have to own the DVD. Then are you looking for free software or paid software to do that process? You could use DVDfab HD that will copy the dvd but it’s limited to dvd9 to dvd9 or dvd5 to dvd5 format with no compression.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Beyond that it’s either paid or free software. I use Anydvd HD and CloneCD, CloneDVD of which I use to copy and make backup of dvds. But each was a paid program so it does cost to do what I wanted it to do but for me it was worth the money spent. Beyond that what software you choose and use it your own choice but if you search the site there plenty of people whom can atest from their personal experiences on their software usages.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2481193]First off you have to own the DVD. Then are you looking for free software or paid software to do that process? You could use DVDfab HD that will copy the dvd but it’s limited to dvd9 to dvd9 or dvd5 to dvd5 format with no compression.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Beyond that it’s either paid or free software. I use Anydvd HD and CloneCD, CloneDVD of which I use to copy and make backup of dvds. But each was a paid program so it does cost to do what I wanted it to do but for me it was worth the money spent. Beyond that what software you choose and use it your own choice but if you search the site there plenty of people whom can atest from their personal experiences on their software usages.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your quick reply. The DVD recorder I have is not connected to the computer - it stands alone. Can you use this software and connect it to the DVD recorder?

All of the software mentioned has to work on a computer using a Windows operating system. It won’t work on a dvd recorder.

The best course when copying dvds that you own, is to rip to the hard drive, compress the size if necessary to fit to your target dvd, then burn with a dvd burner in the computer.