Recording date

vbimport

Is there any way to remove the recording date under the Title on the thumb nail? It’s strange that we can change the title of the thumb nail and not the date. In most cases the recording date is superfluous to the recording and confusing at that.

I totally agree.This space would have been better utilised to make a longer title under the edit function. :iagree:

I also don’t want any friends I loan discs to realizing how late I was up some nights recording.

I suppose I could change the clock setting temporarily… :wink:

:bow: gastrof that’s what I do when I’m recording in the wee hours of the morning…change it from am to pm :iagree:

@robbie-uk - when I edit the title on my 5005 it’ll take up to 41 characters. When done editing the title in the graphic view only 12 characters show but in the text mode all 41 characters will show for the title but there is no little thumb nail. If you want to see the long titles use the text view. If ya need more than 41 characters it wont do it.

“In most cases the recording date is superfluous to the recording and confusing at that.”

As I use mine as a VCR replacement I find this info very helpful so have to disagree, the recording date is only un-necessary when copying tapes etc.

There are also differences in models as to how many characters will be displayed, The 5005 would only show 12, the 5004 shows 14 and a firmware change could allow more but that would be low priority. The other question is where do you stop? 20, 30, 41 characters, then people would want to be able to Change the font, the colour, left align and so on.

An option to display or not the fields Date/time/Duration/Mode would be helpful.

The VR format allows all this but its just down to Liteon to implement it.

@HelloShaun - you mean the 5005 will only show 12 characters in graphic view right? As stated my US Sep '04 5005 takes up to 41 when editing the title, shows 12 in graphic view and all 41 in text view with the stock 0098 firmware. Maybe I misunderstood your post.

Yep, I was refering to Graphic view. On re-reading I’m starting to wonder if I’ve missed something.
You state “but in the text mode all 41 characters will show for the title but there is no little thumb nail”
The text view is the screen when you edit? Or are you saying that there is an option to view the Titles recorded to disc in either Graphic (With Thumbnails) or Text (without thumbnails).

At the bottom of the Thumbnail page there is a banner that says Text View. Click on it.

I think i’m right in saying that you can get more characters with the thumbnail if you choose mostly lower case letters.An option to remove the date would be better as with some other brands.

@HelloShaun - yeah in the US 5005, at the bottom center of the view with the thumbnail as Trak101 stated also there is a selection to view the screen in “text view”, no thuimbnail kust the titles, date, mode etc.

@robbie-uk - your right, I have been using long titles all the long but never counted them until the other night when I posted. I used all upper case A’s to count how many would fit. A combination will allow more. And the option to remove the date would be nice.

LOL - after all this time and I missed that, I found it after posting but sleep took over.

You live you learn!