Recording a series of large folders over many CDs?

vbimport

I have like 7 gigs of MP3s with many folders . If i was to individually split the folders in 700 meg sections , this would take ages …

Is there a way (with the latest version of nero) to just select the folders that you want to cpy and it will burn the whole lot, asking you to keep loading new CDRs as it goes .

I have seen this done with floopys when people want to back up a 3 meg file onto floopy , a wizzard comes up and and just keeps asking for disks .

I assume you can do this with CDRs …

You can do this kind of disc spanning with backup programs, but not with premastering programs like Nero.

Which mode of copying would i use to store MP3s ?
And what wouldbe the best settings ?

You can do exactly what you want with the built in cd recording in XP (thats if you are using xp of course)

Thanks ! I selected all the folders i wanted to cpy and went “Send to --> CDRW drive” Then it moved them all to a temp drive. It then came up with a message in the taskbar saying that i have files to burn .

Once i burn them all , will i be able to rip them onto a 98 or ME OS ? I was just thinking that it might be limited to XP .

I would guess so, but never tried it

Originally posted by freQuency
Which mode of copying would i use to store MP3s ?
And what wouldbe the best settings ?

DAO (no multi session - load 'em all in up to 299 (I think) songs/folders)

settings

as long as the files are stored as data all the original information will be retained and can even be played on your cd rom (not on a normal cd player though). i used incd to write my files to cd but i dont know if this will act in the same way as spanning over several floppies. you might have to bite the bullet and copy as many folders as the cd will allow and use 80min cds to get maximum storage capacity

Originally posted by FutureProof
DAO (no multi session - load 'em all in up to 299 (I think) songs/folders)

I know i am stupid but could you explain this ?

[B]

…could you explain this ? [/B]
Drag your MP3s from the right side (Explorer view) to the left side (compilation view) and watch the progess bar down the bottom.

Make the adjustments I’ve shown you in the grabs, (have the media inserted when you do this) then burn.

What have I missed?

load 'em all in up to 299 (I think) songs/folders

I think he’s talking about this… which means that no more then 299 files per folder can be used.

So it is just a case of burning folders in 299 file lots ?

Cheers all

I encode using the Nero MP3Pro ‘best quality’. This means that my songs are 8-12 MB…14MB in some cases, 4MB in others.

700MB divided by, say, 10MB, is roughly, roughly mind you, 70 songs. On my last compilation I managed 129 songs. My son does sort of mid-quality and gets up around 250 songs. I hope this helps :bigsmile:

Thankyou so much :slight_smile:

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]DAO (no multi session - load 'em all in up to 299 (I think) songs/folders)

settings

[/B]

Can anyone tell me what the settings mentioned here were? I am trying to span across CD’s and can’t seem to get it to work.

TIA

[B]I have like 7 gigs of MP3s with many folders . If i was to individually split the folders in 700 meg sections , this would take ages …

Is there a way (with the latest version of nero) to just select the folders that you want to cpy and it will burn the whole lot, asking you to keep loading new CDRs as it goes .

I have seen this done with floopys when people want to back up a 3 meg file onto floopy , a wizzard comes up and and just keeps asking for disks .

I assume you can do this with CDRs … [/B]

Of course not ! The way with floppys was with a BACKUP program , not with a imaging program. You cannot span cd’s, dvd’s , iso images or whatever.

It will not take ages by the way , use something like Total Commander and you’re done in five minutes.

A free program named ‘Ignition’ by Katern corp (working in conjunction with copy2cd/dvd does exactly what you want. Been using it for quite some time now w/o problems.