Recorder support

vbimport

My cd recorder - Ricoh MP 7240 is not supported by Roxio - there is no warning on the box nor any warning on their web site that cd recorders may not be supported. I downloaded the update - but the machine is not supported. I emailed Roxio (have waited 4 weeks + for a reply). Very poor customer service. Luckily Nero supports my recorder (& they respond to emails). I have wasted my money with Easy Cd - who knows when or if it will ever be supported by Roxio.

http://roxio.com/en/jhtml/cdrdatabase/static/supportedrecorder3.html?_requestid=975742
This link is very easy to find for supported burners right off of Roxio’s homepage. So how is it their fault you did not take the time to look first?
Now if your drive came packed with Roxio and didn’t work you would have a gripe.

Fair comment - yesterday whilst in the store I purchased my cd recorder from, I checked out other models available - got home and looked them up on Roxio’s site - only 2 were supported by Roxio.
All but 1 of those CD recorders came with Nero. Obviuosly Nero have got their act together with supporting new CD recorders and Roxio haven’t.
So, how many people have purchased Easy Cd and got home only to find out it is not supported!
Roxio need to put a warning on their box that the product may not work with your cd recorder!

that must suck…:frowning:

Originally posted by wgye
Roxio need to put a warning on their box that the product may not work with your cd recorder!
LOL. They also need to warn people about Coaster Cremator, prior to v5, not working with anything else on your system - like the OS (hehe)…Sorry about that…I, too have a Ricoh - check the green ink in my signature.