Record internet radio?

i found a really nice internet radio which now, with the joy of adsl, i can hear @ full 128 kB/s!
i was wondering if there was a way to save the mp3 stream somehow (i would avoid winamp plugins like “wav output”, just because i don’t have much space in my HD…).
thanx

You can make your recordings if your sound card supports “what you hear” and you have software, like Cool Edit, which enables you to capture (record) what you’re hearing.

Certainly, you can record with software which comes with Windows but you can only record for a short period of time.

Also, while the initial recording process may take a lot of temporary harddrive space, most software will allow you to save the recording in mp3 format.

Stan

I suggest you try out Total Recorder.
I allows you to record all sounds that is played on your computer.

Streambox VCR might be of help too…

i have both streambox vcr and total recorder, but they won’t do what i want (actually sb-vcr won’t work at all…).
i remember a program to save IR streams, but maybe i’m wrong…

I tried to record from the Internet using the CDex “Record from analog input” feature. I got a silent file when I tried to create an mp3 and a very poor quality file when I tried to create a wav.

Has anyone had success with this? Or, alternatively, is there a way to enable RipCast to stream other than from ShoutCast?

Originally posted by no1hotrock
I tried to record from the Internet using the CDex “Record from analog input” feature. I got a silent file

Use some program that has volume display (I think that CDEx doesn’t have it), like Feurio or EAC, in order to “see” the level of sound.

Check in the recording properties that you have the recording volume with enough level…