Record Industry Gives Up?

vbimport

I just posted the article Record Industry Gives Up ??.

Submitted by: Capt. Blackbeard

Gotta love this story on DMusic.com

After scathing attacks and costly legal wars from the likes of Napster, Scour and Mp3.com the Record Industry has thrown in…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1074-Record-Industry-Gives-Up-.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1074-Record-Industry-Gives-Up-.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

yes a revolution in copying… this rulez… make everything free !

also cars :slight_smile: No, but serious, i think software should be free and the people who make it should get funds from big companies who most need those software or maybe goverments. I think everyone should have a comptuer or something and there must be a LITTLE tax on it for the software industrie to pay them, of course those people also have to live ! don’t forget that…

The big five are a bunch of fat cats. They take too much of a %age of each CD sale. It would be nice if it were true. Then a large number of new labels would pop up. Pitty that the big five will never weaken their strangle hold on the artest’s pocket book.

CD Record:

Production pr. piece: $0.30
Labelling pr. piece: $0.10
Packaging pr. piece: $0.15
This is the bare costs for production of the cds.
Lets put on the country’s different expenses in form of taxes etc. and we come up with a production price of NOT bigger than $1.5 each. then HOW the fuck is it possible that the local stores etc takes (scandinavia for instance) around $10-15 pr. title. !?!

This means , as i know some artists who has gotten their cds sold in stores, which they get around $0.5-$1.0 pr. piece actually doesnt earn that much… which leaves us with the facts that both MUSIC companies and resellers earn TOO much!!! and this is a fact! … listen up morons. Put down the prices on music cds and you’ll sell more.

this rulez…

yes i know, you CAN sell them for let say producing costs are about $1 each. Then the distributer etc etc, let say they al want $1 doller / piece… so a cd should be much higher than about $5 or $6 i think.

yes i know, you CAN sell them for let say producing costs are about $1 each. Then the distributer etc etc, let say they al want $1 doller / piece… so a cd should be much higher than about $5 or $6 i think.

U people are gullable this story is not true it was made up by dmusic.com if u lot checked their site u would c it was made up LOL.

THIS IS FAKE,
the guy forgot to quote the last sentence :

‘I completely made this story up.’…

The SySOPs should check the authenticity of the news first.

Fixx.

YOU GUYS ARE SUCH FUCKING MORONS YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO BE HUMAN. IF YOU BELIEVED THIS FOR MORE THAN 1 SECOND YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL JACKASS. Sorry to put it that way but that’s the only way that it should be loooked upon.

Did all of you miss the bottom?

"…such as the auto-Industry, were to capitulate it could foreshadow a nation-wide resignation.

I completely made this story up. "

Uh uh, cool man

I can’t belive that anyone actually believed this!

“Submitted by: Capt. Blackbeard”

Oh yeah, that’s the boss from Sony right? Or is it the bad guy from Peter Pan? Or the bad guy from The Swan Princess? Well, at least we’re already familiar with this guy.

So what if it is a fake message? It sure as hell makes a good discussion!

you could predict this… let too many stupid americans on to a site and they wont get the irony…

This is great!

-=If you are lame then say “bé¤é¤bé¤é¤”=-

Great!

I don’t think that any one here thinks that it is real. It is just an amusing topic. A what if…

Bwhahahaha