Record DirectTV Software

vbimport

Hi all I’m looking to capture shows from DirectTV, I’ve got my computer and capture card et al but I’m looking for software to do this. The caveat I am looking for software that can change the channel if need be.

I’m a capture newb so if all software can do this that’s great, but I’m under the impression it can’t.

So, assuming I have the setup, what is the software that can do this?

You won’t find any that can change the channel of a standalone unit.

[QUOTE=kelwguy53403;2145513]Hi all I’m looking to capture shows from DirectTV, I’ve got my computer and capture card et al but I’m looking for software to do this. The caveat I am looking for software that can change the channel if need be.

I’m a capture newb so if all software can do this that’s great, but I’m under the impression it can’t.

So, assuming I have the setup, what is the software that can do this?[/QUOTE]

I use TVu which streams to up to 400 channels for FREE and, use Replay Media Catcher to record 'em :smiley: Maybe Replay AV is compatible with DirectTV…idk

Actually you can change the satellite box channel using an ‘IR Zapper’. That’s a hardware and software gadget that emulates a remote control. Some of the HTPC software like Chris TV support them. Take a look at the list of software (tools) over on videohelp.com. Perhaps you can program the box to change itself like ComCast’s digital cable boxes can.