Recommended DVD-R for DVR-107D

Hi,

I have a Primera Bravo II Disc duplicator, which has a Pioneer DVR-107D at its heart (just updated to Firmware 9.21).

Which brand of (full face printable) DVD-R would you friendly people recommend? The finished product (i.e. Video DVDs) should be playable on as many house-hold DVD players as possible. So, playback reliability is most important.

Am using Discribe for OSX to do the burning from an .img image file on the hard disk.

So far I am using the Verbatim 43533 ones, which we had occasional problems with. My retailer suggests the Taiyo Yuden PRO 16x DVD-R 4,7GB white printable fullface.

Thanks for any input.

Moved to the CD Freaks’ Blank Media forum.

Get a new burner for 30 bucks, the 107 is outdated and cannot even burn DL.

[QUOTE=chef;1949725]Get a new burner for 30 bucks, the 107 is outdated and cannot even burn DL.[/QUOTE]

Id do what chef says plus newer drivers will be more optimised write strategy wise for 16x MID’s

[QUOTE=chef;1949725]Get a new burner for 30 bucks, the 107 is outdated and cannot even burn DL.[/QUOTE]

Problem is, the burner is built inside a robot, and I do not want to mess with it.

No need for DL at present :wink:

And what will you do when this drive fails?
That can happen very soon, th DVR-107 burners are not the robust ones.

[quote=chef;1950710]
That can happen very soon, th DVR-107 burners are not the robust ones.[/quote]

Say what?

I’ve never had a problem with any of my DVR-107Ds. They were pretty ordinary drives when first shipped, but subsequent firmware updates made them great drives. It’s the same with all Pioneer drives really.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

My opinion is based on the drives I have and had over the last years, and the 107 weren’t that robust ike other burners from Pioneer. :wink:

Well this guy has a duplicator tower with 107’s in it or something I’m guessing, just swapping a new writer in won’t work…

And wtf about the 107 being not robust? My 106 is still alive and kicking, the only drive I had slight problems with was the 109 and that was fed shitty fake TY discs and whatnot repeatedly. I highly doubt the 107 is not robust, this is probably based off one negative experience from you, chef.

Anyways, 107 is an 8x drive. Dunno what Verbatim the 43533 are but 8x Verbatim should work ok. Also try 8x Taiyo Yuden as they would also be supported.

Btw, Taiyo Yuden are overpriced and will may not work in your writer since they’re too new and not in the firmware.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;1950820]Well this guy has a duplicator tower with 107’s in it or something I’m guessing, just swapping a new writer in won’t work…

[B]And wtf about the 107 being not robust?[/B] My 106 is still alive and kicking, the only drive I had slight problems with was the 109 and that was fed shitty fake TY discs and whatnot repeatedly. I highly doubt the 107 is not robust, this is probably based off one negative experience from you, chef.

Anyways, 107 is an 8x drive. Dunno what Verbatim the 43533 are but 8x Verbatim should work ok. Also try 8x Taiyo Yuden as they would also be supported.

Btw, Taiyo Yuden are overpriced and will may not work in your writer since they’re too new and not in the firmware.[/QUOTE]

My own experience, like I explained.
My DVR-104 still works good. :smiley:

YEah the 8x verbatims or TY’s would be a better option for this drive.
However this media is getting more and more rare.

I can not recommend the 16x TY’s. TY’s 16x compatability is worse compared to verbatim 16x compabatility which results in most cases in more problems and lower quality burns.