Recommended dual layer media for LG H66N

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-H66N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am looking for some dual layer blank media recommendation for my LG H66N ODD.

At single layer camp Taiyo Yuden is the King. No coaster at all. I have tried DL Verbatim which is a very good name I know but my drive fails many times with their discs unfortunately. IF my drive is the main problem here please suggest other drives as a replace. Thanks!

So far i never had a problem with verbatim dual layer discs, try to find some that are made in Singapore, and if you want a new drive get the optiarc 7240 or the 7200, maybe a pioneer (if you can find the 216).

[QUOTE=vroom;2408808]So far i never had a problem with verbatim dual layer discs, try to find some that are made in Singapore, and if you want a new drive get the optiarc 7240 or the 7200, maybe a pioneer (if you can find the 216).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your answer! Lucky you. I had an Indian batch which was terrible and now I have a Singapore batch which is better indeed but still lot of coaster. The drive itself is working excellent but this DL media writing misery is so annoying. I look out for your drive recommendations as well.

You don’t mention which burning program you are using. If you are making dvd video backups to DL media, you’ll need a program that sets the layer break properly. I recommend using ImgBurn for this type of burn.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2408828]You don’t mention which burning program you are using. If you are making dvd video backups to DL media, you’ll need a program that sets the layer break properly. I recommend using ImgBurn for this type of burn.[/QUOTE]

That is what I do. I love ImgBurn.