Recommended CD/DVD printing software?

vbimport

Can anyone recommend any simple and easy to use software to print some DVD’s

I have previously tried CD-Labelprint that came with my new Canon 6700D printer. That works really well and is very simple to use. However, for some insane reason it won’t let you set the inner circle diameter any smaller than 33mm!??!?!! And since its 23mm on the 50 pack of DVD-Rs I just bought, that means I need something else to print with.

I have had a quick look at Nero Cover Designer and at Surething CD Labeler Delux. The problem with both of these is that neither understands how a Canon 6700 works, so you are left trying to create/edit your own template with god-knows-how-many possibilites for scew ups with the positioning of the disk image and wasted disks & ink.

I’d really like something where I can just design the label and hit “print” - like you do with CD-labelprint.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chippy

CD LablePrint will let you go down to 17mm. You have to create a new template by hitting the “select paper” button, then “new”. I keep templates for each of the type discs that I use. The only real limitation of the Canon program is the outer limit, which is 118mm. Some discs can be printed to 119-120mm in other programs.

Aha! Thanks very much for the tip. I wonder why it won’t let you go below 33m in the standard template???!!

Anyway, I have got to work now. Thank once again :slight_smile:

Chippy

[QUOTE=CDan;1669953]CD LablePrint will let you go down to 17mm. You have to create a new template by hitting the “select paper” button, then “new”. I keep templates for each of the type discs that I use. The only real limitation of the Canon program is the outer limit, which is 118mm. Some discs can be printed to 119-120mm in other programs.[/QUOTE]

WOW…thanks so much for the info…

ill put the info to use right away…i just purchased 10 TDK Blu Ray 50 GB Disc from Japan…now i can print exact Blu ray.

thanks again

What I’ve started doing lately is creating my artwork in Photoshop (Elements) saving it as a JPEG then opening it in CD LabelPrint. That is, for the short time I’ve have my Canon. Before that, I used the same process with my Epson using Epson Print CD.

Here is a thread with PSD Templates for popular printable DVD media.

[QUOTE=MSmart99;2269197]What I’ve started doing lately is creating my artwork in Photoshop (Elements) saving it as a JPEG then opening it in CD LabelPrint. That is, for the short time I’ve have my Canon. Before that, I used the same process with my Epson using Epson Print CD.

Here is a thread with PSD Templates for popular printable DVD media.[/QUOTE]

thanks, it is really helpful!!!

I have used Acoutica Easy CD/DVD Label Maker for several years and have never had issues with it. I recognizes whichever printer you’re using and set up the parameters for it. It is flexible and has quite a few options to it, such as adjusting offsets for printing, etc.

I download a lot of my DVD movie jpegs from www.cdcovers.cc or other websites, then I load them into the Easy CD program.

Try it… you’ll like it.

[QUOTE=MSmart99;2269197]… artwork in Photoshop (Elements) saving it as a JPEG then opening it in CD LabelPrint. …[/QUOTE]

I agree, I do the same…this is about the easiest way and gives you maybe the best results of all.

Just by chance, [B]today´s free software[/B] at http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ is a cover designer [B]Cover Commander 3.0[/B] but you only have right now to download and install otherwise it will cost $69

[QUOTE=nibiru2008;2274666]I have used Acoutica Easy CD/DVD Label Maker for several years and have never had issues with it. I recognizes whichever printer you’re using and set up the parameters for it. It is flexible and has quite a few options to it, such as adjusting offsets for printing, etc.

I download a lot of my DVD movie jpegs from www.cdcovers.cc or other websites, then I load them into the Easy CD program.

Try it… you’ll like it.[/QUOTE]

having trouble trouble printing to the hub of my discs with acousitca, can someone help me fix this??

having trouble trouble printing to the hub of my discs with acousitca, can someone help me fix this??