Recommended Best Drive for Burning DVD Data & Video (SL/DL)?

vbimport

Greetings,

I have read the FAQs and some reviews.
I currently have a BENQ DVD DD DW1640 that is about 6.5 years old.
It used to burn dual layers fine. Now it does not. I have always used FujiFilm media. I also tried Verbatim, Maxell and Memorex.

I just want to know which burner I should get to achieve the best quality burn of DVD Data & Video on DVD SL and DLs.

Cheers,
Jeremy

DL media from Fuji, Memorex and Maxell?

All kinda crap, the only good stuff is from [B]Verbatim[/B].
And if you use Verbatim, you will have a wide choice of burners available.

[QUOTE=chef;2558776]DL media from Fuji, Memorex and Maxell?

All kinda crap, the only good stuff is from [B]Verbatim[/B].
And if you use Verbatim, you will have a wide choice of burners available.[/QUOTE]

To clarify, I do not specifically remember which brand had SL vs. DL.
I more so meant that I have used SL and DL media and those are the brands I have used.

I beg to differ regarding FujiFilm media.
I have used FujiFilm for the paste 9 years; for Mini-DV tapes, CDs, DVD (SL & DL).

FujiFilm is one of the more expensive brands by a few dollars.

Anyway, I am sure any modern burner would do me just fine.
I just wanted to see if some of the users here could name one or 2.

I will just continue to read FAQs and reviews.

Look at the current Optiarc burners and the 24x Samsung model.

And chef is right about the Verbatim DL media. It is the only widely available brand that is reliable for dual layer disks.

Fujifilm doesn’t make their own media and buy from various sources, so their quality isn’t markedly better than most of the mid level disks on the market. Many years ago they bought most of their dvd stock from Taiyo Yuden, and [B]at that time[/B] the Fujifilm disks were certainly among the best. Nowadays, you should simply buy the Taiyo Yuden disks directly from online suppliers like rima.com or supermediastore.com if you are in the US. Taiyo Yuden can also be found under the JVC Premium brand.

Verbatim (with AZO on the label) is also a good choice. Avoid the single layer Life Series from Verbatim.