Recommendations for HDD DVD recorder - multi-system

vbimport

Hi,

I am looking for a recommendation for a DVD recorder which must feature the following:

240vac/120vac 50/60Hz power supply
Multi-system tuner - SECAM and NTSC are MUST, PAL etc optional
HDD of about 160GB
Region-free playing capability (maybe)

I have owned a Lite-On 5045 - loved it but it died and could not be fixed. Tried the Pioneer DVR-650H but the NTSC tuner would not pick up all the cable TV channels and it had no “join” facility for video editing. Very kludgy user interface.

I have a Philips DVDR3576H but it’s USA only and I also have a Sony DVPNS57 region-free player - but 110v only.

If I can convert the Sony to 240Vac/50Hz or it will work on a step-down transformer I’m OK for region-free playback.

OK, what’s the best Multi-system multi-voltage HDD DVD recorder out there - say $500 or less?

Thanks

David

Please check out the dvd recorder section at videohelp.com

Thanks - I was looking for some recommendations, not a list of every DVD recorder in the world which does not allow me to search by the features I am looking for.

Anyone else got any useable ideas?

Then you have not really read the videohelp entries I’m afraid…

You can also check the AVS forums under video components and see what people are using and where they can buy them. Try http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106 and see if there’s anything that helps. Also just do a keyword search there and options might turn up.

What a bunch of prima donnas

Good bye

:confused:

[QUOTE=rynd2it;2501124]What a bunch of prima donnas

Good bye[/QUOTE]

Yo-

Just because [B][I]you[/I][/B] are too lazy to do some self help research - after given help - does not make those folks “prima donnas” -eh!!

I know perfectly well how to use an internet forum and how to do the research. I had already done that prior to posting - normal forum protocol on any forum.

What I asked for was a recommendation, what I got what some a-hole telling me to do the research and another one telling me not to be lazy.

Thanks a bunch - you guys are the MOST unhelpful creeps it has been my displeasure to come across. :a

Don’t bother to reply - I’ve added you to my junk email filter

[QUOTE=rynd2it;2501188]I know perfectly well how to use an internet forum and how to do the research. I had already done that prior to posting - normal forum protocol on any forum.

What I asked for was a recommendation, what I got what some a-hole telling me to do the research and another one telling me not to be lazy.

Thanks a bunch - you guys are the MOST unhelpful creeps it has been my displeasure to come across. :a

Don’t bother to reply - I’ve added you to my junk email filter[/QUOTE]
Well, being rude to the other users isn’t any part of forum usage I’m familiar with. You list your location as ‘CA’ but I don’t know if that means ‘CAlifornia’ or ‘CAnada’. To get all the things you’d like, have you considered a Home Theater PC? Because if you live in the USA about the only DVR available is the Magnavox 2160, which isn’t much different than your 3576. I also have to ask what you mean by ‘Don’t bother to reply - I’ve added you to my junk email filter’, especially since we don’t reply by e-Mail, unless you subscribe to the thread. But since you ‘know perfectly well how to use an internet forum’ you probably already knew that. :flower:

Yep, there aren’t any units available in the states that fill the bill for what he wants to do. You have to order them from Canada and Europe and who knows what is current and how much. I do know they command a premium all the way around and I doubt most typical users on this board have ever needed one so wouldn’t know where to send him…OH WELL…

[QUOTE=rynd2it;2501188]I know perfectly well how to use an internet forum and how to do the research. I had already done that prior to posting - normal forum protocol on any forum.

[B]What I asked for was a recommendation, what I got what some a-hole telling me to do the research and another one telling me not to be lazy.[/B]

Don’t bother to reply - I’ve added you to my junk email filter[/QUOTE]

Your violation of forum rules has now been reported to the staff.

Ok, I’ve had about all I’m going to take with this thread.

If rynd2it comes back and wishes to amend his manners, he should start another thread.

This one is closed.