Recommendations for Bluray Media in the UK

Panasonic have just replied saying:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Panasonic Blu-ray discs.
The qualiti of the product has not changed. That the logo is no longer featured was a decision of the Marketing department.
From the information we have there is still a logo “Long term storage” on the box.
“50 Years Archive Life” was a feature that the products can last up to 50 years under optimal conditions.
We can reasure you that the content and quality of the discs have not changed, it was only a redesign of the packaging.

I find this partly reassurring - but I’m still slightly concerned that they may be soft peddling on their previous longevity claims.

Thanks for the info, Steve! If not for the independent testing that indicates that Panasonic’s BD-Rs should be expected to be one of the most long-lived discs, I might also find only shallow comfort in their response;).

You can upload your images using either the paperclip icon at the top of the posting screen or the “manage attachments” button below.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what the best speed is to record these Bluray disks at when using a Liteon iHBS112-115

Attached is the photo of the LM-BRS2MWE25 spindle we are getting here in the UK at the moment. As you can see the “50 year archive life” logo is missing and we have an Olympic logo instead.

Hopefully Panasonic will revert to the previous logo now that the Olympics are over.

As far as burn speed is concerned, I use x4. I haven’t tested to see if this is best, but I’m not in a hurry and prefer to be cautious about these things.

[QUOTE=SteveJC;2676060]Attached is the photo of the LM-BRS2MWE25 spindle we are getting here in the UK at the moment. As you can see the “50 year archive life” logo is missing and we have an Olympic logo instead.

Hopefully Panasonic will revert to the previous logo now that the Olympics are over.

As far as burn speed is concerned, I use x4. I haven’t tested to see if this is best, but I’m not in a hurry and prefer to be cautious about these things.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Steve.