Recommendations for 1 click DVD to VCD/SVCD/DIVX/AVI conversion software?

vbimport

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for good, stable software that lets you convert a DVD into a SVCD or VCD or MPG2 or DIVX etc. I’m basically looking for something that’s point and click and all in one package that lets me decide what output format I want. I’ve tried the following and they all seem to be pretty buggy:
DVDProEx: crashes immediately
DVD-TO-???: where ??? is AVI or MPEG or SVCD: unstable
ImToo DVD ripper: worked but audio was completely out of sync.

Any others I might have missed? I’m hoping to find one that does it all and is all contained in one package and not made up of several pieces of software.

Thanks.

DVD2SVCD will convert dvd to vcd/svcd and comes with everything u need except for a video encoder (u need to use either CinemaCraft Encoder, TMPGEnc, or Canopus Procoder). after tweaking the initial settings to ur liking (altho default settings are most commonly used) it’s just a matter of choosing the type of output u want and clicking convert.

Well DVD2SVCD is made up of several several pieces of software and it can’t output DivX as AVI or any other compatible container.

It is however a good recommendation and I think that swspjcd, you are just asking for too much.

dvd2svcd is certainly comprised of several programs, but functionally it’s used like a single program, and it’s undoubtedly the best thing to use for dvd to vcd/svcd conversion (as well as movie-only dvdr conversion).

i’ve tried most of the dvd-to-vcd programs, and i’ve found that moviejack it one of the best. the quality is good, and it splits the files into two seperate files if you want to burn them using another program, like nero:bigsmile:

Originally posted by chauhan
i’ve tried most of the dvd-to-vcd programs, and i’ve found that moviejack it one of the best. the quality is good, and it splits the files into two seperate files if you want to burn them using another program, like nero:bigsmile:

I’ll second that. The current vers that I have 3.09.303 has been pretty reliable so far. haven’t failed on any dvd’s so far. tried the update but failed every time so i reverted back to current version. visual as well as sound quality is good. my other half has even said that the sound is better than some of the originals. (tweek the sound up a notch on recording).

I’ve tried some of the other programs mentioned previously and have had no luck with any of them.

I’ll stick with Moviejack …:slight_smile: