Recommendation plez! PX-716UF, 755UF, 760UF

vbimport

I’m looking for an External burner. And need your help.

I am considering buying the used PX-716UF for $80. (I’ll negotiate the price if I am certain)

Then, from the forum, I know that PX-755UF and PX-760UF have a great review.
Unfortunately, these models are not available for purchase at where I am.

Given the price of $80 for used PX-716UF, and assuming that the unit does work properly, is this a good deal?

If not, what compatible models to the PX-716UF, PX-755UF, and PX-760UF, do you recommend?

I understand that the recent plextor models (i.e., 810UF) does not have the genuine plextor driver.

I want a genuine plextor drive, but, if it’s not available I want the compatible models to the plextor burner mentioned above.

Your assistance is deeply appreciated.

[QUOTE=movesale;2004941]I’m looking for an External burner. And need your help.

I am considering buying the used PX-716UF for $80. (I’ll negotiate the price if I am certain)

Then, from the forum, I know that PX-755UF and PX-760UF have a great review.
Unfortunately, these models are not available for purchase at where I am.
[/QUOTE]

THe PX-716, PX-755 and PX-760 are all very good burners in my oponion. The PX-760 was never sold as external version. Only after Plextor decided to stop development of own drives there were in Japan a few “PX-760UF” available. That seemed that only the unused parts were assembled to external drives.

For this reason should only find the PX-716UF and PX-755UF, but normally not the PX-760UF.

[QUOTE=movesale;2004941]
Given the price of $80 for used PX-716UF, and assuming that the unit does work properly, is this a good deal?
[/QUOTE]

Here at my location (Germany) used PX-760 went up to 100€ at ebay. The PX-716 is also not cheap… You can check how much time the drive burned. You can check out this post to learn how to read out the toal burn time of CDs and DVDs : http://club.cdfreaks.com/1615662-post6.html

[QUOTE=movesale;2004941]
If not, what compatible models to the PX-716UF, PX-755UF, and PX-760UF, do you recommend?
[/QUOTE]

There are no other Plextor recommendations, since this three types were the last real Plextor drives. If you’d like a non Plextor recommendation, try the Samsung SH-S202. This drive is very reliable and the results are also good. I’ll replace my old LG GSA-4166 in a few days with a SH-S202N.

[QUOTE=movesale;2004941]
I understand that the recent plextor models (i.e., 810UF) does not have the genuine plextor driver.
[/QUOTE]

Yes the PX-800 and PX-810 are no real Plextors…

[QUOTE=movesale;2004941]
I want a genuine plextor drive, but, if it’s not available I want the compatible models to the plextor burner mentioned above.
[/QUOTE]

That is difficuilt since this drives are very good and the people want this drives. Check out ebay, that is my one and only idea to get such drive. Maybe you’ll find a drive there. It could be also an option to buy an internal drive and an additional external enclosure and than build your drive into this enclosure by yourself. All my Plextors are “selfmade” external drives.

>TM

Thank you so much for your input.
I’ll check the models you mentioned above and also eBay for the pricing.

At least now I have a direction where I need to look.
Thank you so much!!