Recommendation for my first LiteOn drive

vbimport

I’d like to buy a LiteOn DVD burner with IDE interface. Unfortunately I’m do not know a lot about the LiteOn. it will be the first one.

The LiteOn drive I’d like is basically planned as scanning device. But if the burning quality is also good I’ll not be sad about it. There are a lot Liteon drives out that looks very similar to me. I checked the media scans so far. I’m a little confused about the number of drives that looks identical to me… Is there a good recommendation…? I checked the Liteonit.eu page and I do not know if a LH-20A1x, LH-20A2x or LH-20A4x is better. Or is it worth to wait for the the HAP-x22 drives… :rolleyes
I only found review about the LH-20A1x drives, not the other both types…

[QUOTE=TM;2132057]I’d like to buy a LiteOn DVD burner with IDE interface. Unfortunately I’m do not know a lot about the LiteOn. it will be the first one.

The LiteOn drive I’d like is basically planned as scanning device. But if the burning quality is also good I’ll not be sad about it. There are a lot Liteon drives out that looks very similar to me. I checked the media scans so far. I’m a little confused about the number of drives that looks identical to me… Is there a good recommendation…? I checked the Liteonit.eu page and I do not know if a LH-20A1x, LH-20A2x or LH-20A4x is better. Or is it worth to wait for the the HAP-x22 drives… :rolleyes
I only found review about the LH-20A1x drives, not the other both types…[/QUOTE]

Hi,

if you want the drive just for scanning there is only one big difference, the 20A1x & 20A4x can’t do jitter on the second layer (talking about dual layer media), the 20A3x does jitter on the second layer.
All drive do scan single layer media, and all drives are poor cd-r scanners.

I really don’t know much about burning, since i only use my 20A3P for reading and scanning, but you may want to have a look a the test results of each drive and decide what is the best for your needs.

Also no idea about the new 22x drives.

Since you already have so many quality drives, and don’t really need another, I would wait for the iHAP322 to be released. The advantage of the iHAP322, which uses the same chipset as the DH-20A3P, is that you’ll be able to do jitter scanning on dual layer media. The 20A1P and 20A4P can’t do that, or at least, can’t do it reliably.