Recommendation for free VCD software Windows 7 64-bit?

vbimport

Hello, I just upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and had to upgrade the previous version of Nero I used for ages in WindowsXP as well (Nero 6.6)…

Well, the new Nero 10 I got for Windows 7 it seems no longer has Video-CD support in Nero Burning Rom, which is a real bummer as I am looking to burn a video-cd. =(

Could someone recommend a free Video-CD creation & burning program for windows 7 64-bit for me please? (I have 2 avi’s currently around 700 mb each that need to be burned to video-CD format.)

Hi,

what version of Nero 10 have you bought? I am asking since Nero Vision (should be part of the full retail version) supports VCD and SVCD - at least according to the manual.

Michael

Its Nero 10 Portable (came with Nero Burning ROM 10 & Nero Express 10).

I got it from http://portableappz.blogspot.com/, handy site for portable quick use versions of programs.

I know that VCD support was removed from Burning Rom 10, but if vision still supports it I may just get the full version of Nero 10, just didnt want all the bloatware thats involved in their newer suites.

I don’t know if it runs under 64 bit windows but most 32 bit programs do and, IMO, VCDEasy was always a better vcd program than nero.

thank you, that program costs about $25 though, any free alternatives that you can recommend?

VCDEasy originally was freeware. The last freeware version was v. 1.1.5.2 which you can find here.

I haven’t used the program for years but I remember it as being very good.

As indicated, I don’t know if it will work on 64 bit windows but it certainly is worth a try.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

Another freeware alternative is Avi2DVD the website for which claims it will convert to Dvd, Svcd and Vcd formats and that it is compatible with Vista and win7.

I can’t say I’ve ever used the program though.

awesome! thanks for your help, i’ve found what i’m looking for =)

[QUOTE=MordecaiWalfish;2578088]Its Nero 10 Portable (came with Nero Burning ROM 10 & Nero Express 10).

I got it from http://portableappz.blogspot.com/, handy site for portable quick use versions of programs.[/QUOTE]Sorry, no support for pirated software.

Thread closed.