Recommendaiton for Blu Ray Playback Videocard

vbimport

I need very good Compatibility Blu Ray Playback Video Card
My Sapphire Technology
Radeon HD 2600 Pro Overclock Version 256MB GDDR3 PCIe Graphics Card
won’t playback BD movie on my PC
Nero says upgrade video Card :doh:
CyberLink BD Advisor says update latest driver ( I already update latest driver 8.552.0.0 ) :doh:
any Recommendaiton :bow:
and how about this
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0298239
Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Are you running XP? if so revert back to a driver 8.4 or earlier. Apparently ATi broke HDCP within drivers after this but only on XP. If you are running Vista then the newest drivers work fine.

If you dont want to downgrade drivers then AnyDVD may help. Download the trial from Slysoft and see if it works.

Your HD 2600 should play back BR discs without to many problems. I use an HD 3450 for my HTPC and you have a bit more power than I do.

[QUOTE=qwakrz;2167648]Are you running XP? if so revert back to a driver 8.4 or earlier. Apparently ATi broke HDCP within drivers after this but only on XP. If you are running Vista then the newest drivers work fine.

If you dont want to downgrade drivers then AnyDVD may help. Download the trial from Slysoft and see if it works.

Your HD 2600 should play back BR discs without to many problems. I use an HD 3450 for my HTPC and you have a bit more power than I do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help qwakrz :slight_smile:
My System is
Vista Home Premium 32bit and Quad Core Q6600 DDR2 800 ( 4GB )
I already try your two option it didn’t work
and CyberLink BD Advisor says BD-R playback ready But…
when I play BD it show up Menu Screen and can’t click any option
( Play / scene selection / set up / … )
and CyberLink BD Advisor says this time update latest driver
I don’t know why ? ( spent more than 6hours last weekend …sigh )
anyway I going to buy another Videocard after lunch

P.S think I we need compatibility video Crad for BD playback section

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2167659]Thanks for your help qwakrz :slight_smile:
My System is
Vista Home Premium 32bit and Quad Core Q6600 DDR2 800 ( 4GB )
I already try your two option it didn’t work
and CyberLink BD Advisor says BD-R playback ready But…
when I play BD it show up Menu Screen and can’t click any option
( Play / scene selection / set up / … )
and CyberLink BD Advisor says this time update latest driver
I don’t know why ? ( spent more than 6hours last weekend …sigh )
anyway I going to buy another Videocard after lunch

P.S think I we need compatibility video Crad for BD playback section[/QUOTE]

I know this may sound stupid, but try using your keyboard rather than mouse…

[QUOTE=dishinit;2168141]I know this may sound stupid, but try using your keyboard rather than mouse…[/QUOTE]

Thanks dishinit :slight_smile:
it didn’t work
also New Video Card won’t recognize CyberLink BD Advisor :a
and it says again update latest graphic driver :a

P.S
PowerDVD 7 ( OEM ) came with LG BD-Burner GBW-20L
and I won’t Buy :Z CyberLink :Z PowerDVD buy something else BD playback S.W

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2168187]Thanks dishinit :slight_smile:
it didn’t work
also New Video Card won’t recognize CyberLink BD Advisor :a
and it says again update latest graphic driver :a

P.S
PowerDVD 7 ( OEM ) came with LG BD-Burner GBW-20L
and I won’t Buy :Z CyberLink :Z PowerDVD buy something else BD playback S.W[/QUOTE]

For what it is worth;
I am running an Asus 3450 (low profile + low cost) in an HP Slimline AMD Dual Core 5000+, Vista Home Premium, 4GB ram. And have no problem playing my BD/HD-DVDs either from my LG GGW-H20L or from ripped files from my hard drives. My LG is connected via USB as well as a couple of External HDs.
This is at 1080P (video) or 720P resolution (desktop) to a 42" 1080P LCD.

My Quadcore 6600 is running a XFX 8600GT with Vista Home Premium, 4GB ram, feeding a 32" 1080P LCD.
Both cards work flawlessly with BD/HD-DVD playback. Both cards purchased with budget considerations alongside performance. Both cards play BD material from USB drives.
I use either PowerDVD or TMT as software players with TMT being the player of choice due to flexible HD file playback capability.
I think your Radeon 2600 should actually have a bit more ooomph than my 3450. However I did read somewhere about 2600 problems with HD/BD playback…check AVS forums HTPC thread and search for your card.
Wish I could help more.

You cannot use a mouse with a BluRay menu, it uses arrow keys and enter.

Something is not right though. Have you updated your copy of PowerDVD as it can get out of date very quickly (Blu-Ray keeps moving the goal posts unlike HD-DVD which is why it is the worst format).

Your Q6600 by itself is quite capable of playing back Blu-Ray without any assistance from the graphics card so even with a cheap pre-assistance graphics card it should still work. I would say its all down to the playing software.

Out of interest, what Blu-Ray is it you have problems with. New titles will need the newest release of PowerDVD as they include a new version of BD+ which encrypts areas of the disc and uses software to decrypt them meaning that if the playback software does not support BD+ you will have all sorts of problems.

[QUOTE=qwakrz;2168360]You cannot use a mouse with a BluRay menu, it uses arrow keys and enter.
[/QUOTE]

How ?

and many thanks qwakrz :bow:
first pic before play BD movie second pic when I play BD movie
it show up update latest driver ( same happen with HD-4670 and not
recognize Video Card )
( My monitor Gateway FHD-2401 and Acer AL-2416W )
without any problem wactching 2year old Samsung 55inch DLP 1080P
with Samsung :bow: BD-P1500
and here is my BD movie list
Pearl Harbor / Iron Man / Indiana Johns 4 / Transformer / 300 / Live free or Die Hard total 6 BD :o

-edit- You have the newest version of PowerDVD already

As long as you have the newest driver from ATi on Vista that you downloaded from ATi directly (www.ati.com, then display driver and finally go through and choose your O/S and card) then you have everything you need for playback. Do not change the driver at all as blu-ray playback needs a fully signed driver and any fiddling with a file removes this signing.

Only thing I can think of is some form of copy protection that is not working. If you have AnyDVD HD make sure you have the newest version as older version causes problems with new discs due to BR+. If you don’t have AnyDVD HD give it a try to see if it is some form of copy protection.

Only other thing I can think of is a compatibility problem between your drive and the motherboard. What motherboard do you have (or at least what chipset).

[quote=Burnsama;2168431]first pic before play BD movie second pic when I play BD movie [/quote]When you play a BD movie and in the same time you test with BD Advisor, the graphic driver will show red – it’s normal since the driver is being used.

Thanks qwakrz and zevia :slight_smile:
Gateway GT5630E
Intel DG965OT
Intel® G965 Express Chipset

[QUOTE=qwakrz;2168360]You cannot use a mouse with a BluRay menu, it uses arrow keys and enter.
[/QUOTE]

Great Thanks qwakrz :bow:
It Playing with [B]Non Wireless Mouse[/B] :doh:
Now I can’t eat main dish :bigsmile: ( Last two days watching Menu only )

still works fine :slight_smile: but :confused:
I’m not sure is playback 1080P ? :confused:
How to I check about playback resolution ?
Thanks

[quote=Burnsama;2169493]still works fine :slight_smile: but :confused:
I’m not sure is playback 1080P ? :confused:
How to I check about playback resolution ?
Thanks[/quote]
If you are displaying to your monitor, I believe it will take the monitor resolution.

But if you are feeding it to HDTV, then you can set in ATI Catalyst or Display Properties to 720p, 1080i, 1080p etc.

[QUOTE=zevia;2169765]If you are displaying to your monitor, I believe it will take the monitor resolution.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks zevia :slight_smile:
Mornitor Setting - 1440 X 900
Mornitor Setiing - 1900 X 1200
two different setting watching BD movie I can’t find any difference
[B]Still working on it[/B]

[QUOTE=zevia;2168474]When you play a BD movie and in the same time you test with BD Advisor, the graphic driver will show red – it’s normal since the driver is being used.[/QUOTE]

This is was Big help without this I can’t try different ways

P.S still works fine
[B]but it stop playing 2 to 3 time about 2hours ( Blank Black Screen and Error code #104 )[/B]