Recommend a DVD Writer

I currently have a NEC ND-2500A.

I was thinking of getting the Optiarc AD-7173A or LG GSA-H42LBB.

What DVD Writer do you recommend if either of the above?

Pioneer 112D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129007

From the ones you mentioned certainly the LG. The Pioneer 112 (or 212 SATA) also has a very good reputation here.

If you give a CD Freak a choice between A and B, he/she
will usually choose C :slight_smile:

My choice is a Liteon LH-20A1P.

Sorry about that :o

I think that there are many good writers out there. If I had to buy one now I would choose a Pioneer, LG or Liteon which offers the features I’m interested in (Lightscribe, DVD-RAM, quality scanning…).

So its between the Pioneer 112D and LG GSA-H42LBB. Which one or is there another thats better? :stuck_out_tongue:

Does the LG I mentioned support quality scanning?

I’ve narrowed it down to these three:

[ul]
[li]Lite-On LH-20A1H
[/li][li]LG GSA-H42LBB
[/li][li]Pioneer DVR-112D
[/li][/ul]

So which one?

No, if you want quality scans get a LiteOn

Is the LG better than the Lite-On overall?

I’m probably not qualified to answer that but I think the LG makes better burns but the Lite-On does quality scans, so you have to decide if features or even better burn quality is most important.

yes it is

This is why I think it makes sense to have two burners, one to read and scan and one to burn. You can get the best of each category then. The quality should be great if you read from the best burner, then burn with the best burner. One of them should be able to do a good quality scan then. I would like to know what most people out there think is the best reader alone and what is the best burner alone. Why sacrifice a quality burn, just to be able to scan it?