Recomendations for laptop blu ray

vbimport

Hi. i am looking to get into the blu ray market. I have a HP laptop and would like to replace the DVd rewriter with a blu ray rewriter. Does anyone have any recomendations for a drive for this laptop

If you’re in the UK I’d suggest LG GBW-T10N.

Alternatively, Matsushita/Panasonic UJ-225.

Make sure you check your laptop interface if it’s SATA or IDE.

[QUOTE=zevia;2137343]If you’re in the UK I’d suggest LG GBW-T10N.

Alternatively, Matsushita/Panasonic UJ-225.

Make sure you check your laptop interface if it’s SATA or IDE.[/QUOTE]

2 defs >>>>>UK and Sata
I will have a look around at these.
Thanks for the info…

Hi, I’m planning purchase a laptop HP HDX18-1280ep that comes with combo blu-ray.
Since my past laptop was a sony vaio with blu-ray burner with matsushita uj220, I want to know if the lg GBW-T10N BLU RAY Slim is compatible with HPX18 laptop. In portugal doesn’t exist this model. But I want to purchase one but I want to make sure that my laptop accepts it.

with best regards,
looksmart5000

[QUOTE=looksmart5000;2300568]Hi, I’m planning purchase a laptop HP HDX18-1280ep that comes with combo blu-ray.
Since my past laptop was a sony vaio with blu-ray burner with matsushita uj220, I want to know if the lg GBW-T10N BLU RAY Slim is compatible with HPX18 laptop. In portugal doesn’t exist this model. But I want to purchase one but I want to make sure that my laptop accepts it.

with best regards,
looksmart5000[/QUOTE]
The GBW-T10N is 12.7mm drive. You will need to check if your laptop will accept and fit that height (12.7mm).

and you (or anyone) knows a model that fits this laptop? I don’t have it yet.

In HP website, when you customize HDX18 series, all choices for Blu-ray drives includes “SuperMulti” which is trademark of LG. So I think it is safe to assume that HDX18 will accept LG GBW-T10N or other 12.7mm drives.

Hi,
Thanks.
what HP international site you are talking about? UK, US? In Portugal where I live doesn’t allow customize laptop, but I prefer to buy in European Union country to avoid high taxes from US.
Yesterday I sent a message to HP Portugal asking for drive specificatin: SATA, ATA, thickness, etc…
What I got was:

“HP welcomes your contact.
As noted in previous email remember that there is no laptop from HP that is certified to support Blu-ray. Please also happens that if a defect resulting from the use of an accessory not certified by HP, it will not be covered under warranty.

Do you suggest any other drive / model?

In HP US site.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/cs_can_landing.do?storeName=computer_store&landing=notebooks

Ok, I saw it, but on optical drive only says
bluray +R/-R/RW optical drive not say the model itself.

Might check out Sony BC-5500S (Sata Model) - A model is pata. Have you check out ease of replacing. I have the Toshiba 205 and 305 which allows easy relpacement, Hut the 355 model is a bear in that you have to almost totally disassemble.

NOTE the BC5500 plays Blu-ray but does not record. It does record to DVD and CD’s

I bought th 5500A for the 205 toshiba for $90 (US), but most places want $200 for the S model - DOWN right robbery as only diff is ones SATA and ones PATA

The laptop comes with combo bluray (records dvd and cds and play bluray). I want to purchase a drive that records bluray since I have some recordable discs from my sony vaio.

I’m looking for a Blu-ray drive for my Thinkpad T500. I mostly just want to use it to read, though if I can get a writer for not much more that would be nice.

A Google search turned up the 5500S for $80.

The GBW-T10N is much harder to find and seems to be at least $200, which is not worth it for me.

Are there any other options I should consider?

I have the LG GBW-T10N now.
The problem is that it says 4xbd-r and I had old bd-r sony 1x-2x that writes at 2x.

At a local store I saw the new sony blu-ray rev. 1.3 that records 1x-6x. I purchased it but my nero 9 and cyberlink suite software says that writes at 2x maximum.

My firmware is UL01.

How can got it at higher speed?

What discs are you using? They may only be supported at 2x burning.