Recognize Verbatim media

vbimport

How I can recognize if a verbatim bdr 6x media is a Verbat ime or CMC MAG BA5 (from the packaging)

Hi,

if it´s Verbatim 43804, 43811 or 43812 on the packaging, they are CMCMAG BA5.

For Verbatim MID BD-R, look for the [B]MABL[/B] logo.

In Europe these are only in jewel cases, but in North America they are available cheaply in spindles. :frowning:

As with their CD-R, Datalife discs are non-Verbatim MID. So far they have consistently been CMC (and normally of decent quality).

I’m not certain about the non-retail spindles labelled DatalifePlus. I [I]suspect[/I] they are Verbatim MID, but this has not been confirmed.

thanks for the responses :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting this. I took a punt on a spindle of Verbatim disks from a Japanese seller on amazon.co.uk. Product description said MABL as well! Unfortunately, they were still the same old CMCMAG-BA5. :frowning:

[QUOTE=al4;2766704]Thanks for posting this. I took a punt on a spindle of Verbatim disks from a Japanese seller on amazon.co.uk. Product description said MABL as well! Unfortunately, they were still the same old CMCMAG-BA5. :([/QUOTE]
I wouldn’t be too concerned. In my experience, CMCMAG-BA5 discs actually are pretty good.