Recognition problem with DVDFab

vbimport

Hi all,
I’ve been reading all over the forum and I can’t find an answer to this issue: I’m trying to backup a series disc (NYPD Blue, Season 1). When I launch DVDFab, it doesn’t detect all of the titles that are on the DVD. I opened the same disc on the same machine, using different software, and all of the titles are recognized. What’s weird, is that if I choose “full disc”, it copies everything correctly. If I choose “customize”, it only sees the first episode and the other 3 titles are gone. As are most of the menus. I’m hoping to resolve this before May 8, because this is sort of the deciding factor for me. I’d appreciate any help.

Thanks

Try disabling PathPlayer. It may be the authoring on the disc causing some content to look like junk. I wouldn’t make the decision based on the performance of one disc. TV episode discs are screwy.

Which version are you currently using? If you’re not using 5.0.1.2, please update. As my good friend signals suggests, TV series discs are “screwy”…definitely try disabling PP. If already disabled, try enabling.
Do not choose “Enable PathPlayer when necessary”.

To be honest, I can’t remember the last time I couldn’t bkup a disc with Fab. When a problem does arise, frequently, with some tweaking, you can make it work.

No software works perfectly on every disc, everytime.

[QUOTE=Gizmo1515;2051718] it only sees the first episode and the other 3 titles are gone. As are most of the menus. I’m hoping to resolve this before May 8, because this is sort of the deciding factor for me. I’d appreciate any help.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

hey signals, hey maineman.

yeah Pathplayer disable should do the trick.

if you are going to do alot of backups dvdfab will not let you down. next to good media, dvdfab platinum is the best purchase you can make. :cool:

Hi all,

Thanks for those replies. Yeah, I disabled PathPlayer and it worked. I guess I’ll go do some reading and find out what it’s for anyway. I backup some DVDs on physical media, but lately I’ve been backing up to my Ainol mp4 player (very cool device). I’ve used other software to convert my DVDs, but so far, DVDFab has given me the best results. I was a little thrown when I saw unrecognized titles when other crappy software detected them. I’m back on track now. I guess I’ll make my purchase today. :clap:

Very smart move Gizmo and I am sure you will be very happy with the program and BTW welcome to the forum as we have a great bunch of guys on here and will help you with any problem that may arise

Good call Gizmo.

You’ll be happy with the program…i’m sure!

Burn on!

[quote=Gizmo1515;2051893]Hi all,

Thanks for those replies. Yeah, I disabled PathPlayer and it worked. I guess I’ll go do some reading and find out what it’s for anyway. I backup some DVDs on physical media, but lately I’ve been backing up to my Ainol mp4 player (very cool device). I’ve used other software to convert my DVDs, but so far, DVDFab has given me the best results. I was a little thrown when I saw unrecognized titles when other crappy software detected them. I’m back on track now. I guess I’ll make my purchase today. :clap:[/quote]Like the others, I think you will be happy with DVDFab. PathPlayer was introduced in version 3.2.0.0 last September and makes many of DVDFab’s advanced features posssible (jump to main title, jump to main menue etc.) and also has reduced the necessity of an update for each new structure protection variation on new DVD releases. I leave it “Always” enabled unless I have a problem with a disc. You can read more about it in the Tutorial. Here are the release notesfor version 3.2.0.0.