Recoding with DVD-RW - InCd

Hi,

I know you guys do not like InCd, but I have been using it successfully for a long time, until yesterday. Please could you try to help me with the below if you have a fix for the problem.

I burn to Verbatim DVD-RW. I have successfully used these with my DVD-writer over and over again.

I have been having trouble since yesterday writing to my backup discs using InCd.

Each time I try to add new media to the disc I get the error message “Cannot copy ‘said file’: Files on this CD-ROM drive are read-only. You cannot copy or move files over to this CD-ROM drive.”

I tried to format the discs using ‘InCd Format’ and get the following error: “Error writing the disc in D:. Please confirm that the disc is compatible with the drive and is not scratched or damaged”.

I tried a brand new disc following the above message and got the same error again.

I have successfully updated the firmware of my DVD Writer (LG GSA-4120B) but the same problems remain.

I have removed Nero and InCD from the system entirely (used the InCd clean tool) and then re-installed but the problems remain.

I tried a system restore but that didn’t work.

When I right-click on the DVD drive in ‘My Computer’ and go to the InCd tab, it says that ‘MRW write’ is not supported. I am suspicious this is causing the problems but have no idea how to activate it having looked online. As I said previously, InCd was working with these discs just a few weeks ago, and now I can’t even use brand new discs.

What I CAN still do is: read/open the contents of DVD-RW discs, burn to DVD’s using Nero Express.

The only possible conflict that I can think of is the use of Elby’s CloneCD which I installed a few days ago. It created a virtual drive in ‘My Computer’. I have sine uninstalled this program and used the system restore to a point before I installed it initially.

Please Help,
Jon.