Recode2 and dual layer cant set burn speed

Thanks for your help Cinemascope
I thought it might be a 6 version problem but didnt know vers7 ok
thanks again much appreciated

Hi Guys
Thanks cinemascope for your insight and help.
I have tried recode2 in nero7 and all is fine.
You were indeed spot on in what you said.
I am very disappointed in the tech at nero not knowing this
or denying it.I have had many emails from them saying its my burners\firmware etc.
My friend has exactly the same problem on his computer like many others using nero 6.

This has gone back and forth for weeks not even acknologing that I have no burn speed at all–just blanked out.I have told him many times I have changed firmware numerous times on both drives.
Funny now that same drives same media same firmware and now works fine with nero7
Here is the latest response from him which doesnt shed good light on the technical responses that has been given.

Dear valued customer,
thank you for your email and your interest in our software.

Yes it is possible to change the burn speed in Nero Recode2. But Nero Recode just displays the write speeds which are both supported by the recorder and the disc you use.
So if a certain write speed isn’t displayed, you either have to use another type of disc or you have to upgrade the firmware of your recorder.

Please contact the manufacturer of the recorder in order to get the latest firmware for your recorder.
An old firmware can cause compatibility problems as well as burn failures.
Firmware upgrades for your recorder are provided only by the Manufacturer of your recorder. All firmware upgrades and support for upgrading your recorders firmware must be provided by either the recorder manufacturer or the OEM you purchased your recorder bundle from. We can not assist you in this, sorry.

For example if you have a Yamaha Recorder, you would go to the www.yamaha.com website in order to obtain the latest firmware for your recorder and instructions on how to upgrade your recorders firmware. Same goes for all other recorder manufacturers, such as Sony, Pioneer, LG, etc…

To determine what kind of recorder you have, assuming you do not know for sure, you can use our Nero InfoTool to obtain this information. To locate the Nero Info Tool, follow the steps below.

For Nero Burning ROM 6 or Nero Express 6 go to:
‘Start->All Programs->Nero->Nero ToolKit->Nero InfoTool’

For Nero Burning Rom 5.5 or Nero Express 5.5 go to:
‘Start->All Programs->Ahead Nero->Nero ToolKit->Nero InfoTool’

Once Nero InfoTool is launched, make sure your recorder is selected in the top left of the window. Use the drop-down box located there to select your recorder or any recorder. Once selected, it displays the manufacturer as well as the model of the recorder you have. Be sure to make a note of this. Also, once you have your recorder selected, you can click on the ‘DRIVE’ tab and in the top right of this window you will see the current firmware version (among other information) you have on your recorder. Compare this version with the latest firmware provided by the manufacturer of your recorder and upgrade if available.

Legal disclaimer:
“Nero AG is not liable for firmware updates as these updates are not offered by Nero AG. All updates are performed at ones own risk. Nero AG will not be liable for the legality of the firmware.”

Should you have any other request, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards

Marco Jäckle
Technical Support

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany
Fax : ++49 (0)7248 928 499

You can just burn to a image recorder (IE image file) to your hard drive instead of directly to your DVD recorder with recode2 (nero6). then open Nero burning rom (or Imgburn for that matter) and choose your image file then set the speed you want to burn at and burn.

hi Jamos
I wanted to burn movie only.
I wanted to be able to control the burn speed consistently throughout the burning process.
When media is placed it gives you the options to your burn speed ie:-2.4x
4x 8x etc.
This is the problem with version 6 nero.
Now I have loaded nero7 the burn speeds are present to select.
The burn went smoothly all the way through.
This solved my problem which cinemascope was right about and many thanks to him.