Recode 2 Compatability

Today I’ve used recode 2 for the first time (for test purposes to compare it with CloneDVD). The problem ist that the copy only plays in my dvd burner (teac dvw50d) but not in my tosh 1612 and in 3 different stand alone players. As always, I’ve used quality DVD-R media. I’ve never encountered a similar problem with CloneDVD:confused:

What did you use to burn the disc(s)? That is, did you use Recode’s inbuilt facility (aka Nero), or did you use some other program?

-Pete

Yes, I used the inbuilt burning engine. “Burn-at-once” method with “double analysis”. The quality on my dvd burner is perfectly OK, languages, subtitles everything works on 4 different softplayers. But my stand alone players (seg, lg, bose) as well as the tosh 1612 do not recognize the dvd.

Then your next step must be to try different burning software.

Get Recode to direct its output to a folder on the hard drive and then point some other software at it.

Why not use CloneDVD in its ‘Write Existing Data’ mode if it’s worked for you in the past?

-Pete

Vomitator,

Have you found a solution for this problem? I too am unable to get a copy able to work on my Toshiba even though I have used the trial version of Dvd X Copy to work. I am currently trying to figure out what may be wrong with using Anydvd and recode to shrink and burn.

Caj

Originally posted by vomitator
Today I’ve used recode 2 for the first time (for test purposes to compare it with CloneDVD). The problem ist that the copy only plays in my dvd burner (teac dvw50d) but not in my tosh 1612 and in 3 different stand alone players. As always, I’ve used quality DVD-R media. I’ve never encountered a similar problem with CloneDVD:confused:

Hi Caj,
actually not, because I returned to CloneDVD. I know it works for me. Maybe someday if there is a less important DVD I’ll give Recode another try. Or maybe other users will post their experience concerning Recode. Anyway the dvd quality media are still too expensive to create a bunch of coasters:(

Here is my experience

I been using Recode2 since come out, and I have 2 say ,for me it work fine, I use whit DVD Region Free 3.22 and I Dint have any problem yet, I have a Sony 510A,the movies look like original after backup, so for now I will stay whit it

Oh I using Burn-at-once" method with double analysis to, so maybe u should give one more try again, anyways good luck to you

@ Mata 7
Did you try to play the dvd on a stand alone player or just on your sony 510a? As I said, it works on my burner but on no other player, although the data on the dvd seems to be OK!?

stand alone player, i have 2 ,one panasonic, and one sony,also in my sony 510A, in MY LiteOn166, and like i say no problems so far